Not on jw.org - comments regarding bad Jehovah's Witness employees

by jwfacts 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It reminds me of when I worked part time for an elder doing some construction work when I was a pioneer. He said he was shocked at how hard I worked, as all the other pioneers that worked for him were so lazy. He thought pioneers only did so because they were trying to get out of full time work.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Here are parts from another email that I have received.

I am from SOUTH AFRICA and my cousin is working for a JW business. We are Christians and cannot believe that they are supposed to be SO dedicated but do some terrible things!

They pay their staff the lowest wage possible.

They use old parts which they "clean up" and charge customer for "new" ones.

They Drink excessively

Accuse people falsely (stealing their things)

SURELY.......if they are such "holy people" how can they behave like that? They are hypocrites - seem to have no conscience ??? They spend so much money on themselves and waste food by throwing in bin and not offering to the staff who are all battling! They gave my cousin a book called "REASONING from the SCRIPTURES". Don't they use a Bible?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Some JWs are great employees, some are real nightmares.

The real story here is that the WT publications ONLY share the favorable stories (and frankly I think most of those are fabrications or at least highly polished versions of the truth) and NEVER, EVER tell any negative accounts.

This is, by definition PROPAGANDA.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I once employed a JW, was fine for a while until they wanted to live a double life. When it was found out I told them it didn't bother me as I am in no position to judge, and I didn't care what they did outside of office hours and that it would not affect their employment as far as i was concerned. Trouble was they were hounded by the elders, they had a breakdown and they stopped working costing me several thousands of pounds (no exaggeration!) to rectify the problems they caused by their breakdown due to the harrassment they were getting from the elders.

I was once employed when I was a teenager by a firm owned by JWs, also a disaster, never again will I ask a JW to do anything for me.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

We stopped hiring fellow JW's many years ago - our business is retail (not night time cleaning or handyman trades or service/labor). They felt entitled in many ways - could bend the 'rules' without repercussion or held special exception. Try firing an employee on Friday and going to the meeting on Sunday....talk about getting shunned!

We've also made it a rule not to hire JW's for any work around the home or on the vehicles. They'll jab you every time - right in the wallet and think it's okay to be late, sloppy, never on schedule or leave the job incomplete.

In the US, many young JW's are homeschooled - and are put to work in the 'family business' by age 12 or 13 during regular school hours (plus service time of course) ....

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

There was an older brother that owned some type of delivery company along with his, I believe, non-jw brother. Their kids worked for them, and a number of men from the local congregations. I guess the jw men & their wives all assumed they would get assembly/convention days off w/o asking. I was speaking to one of the wives and she was pretty upset that her hubby had to work on an assembly day, as bro x KNEW they had the assembly and didn't just schedule the brothers off! Never thinking ahead to the fact that 1. he probably wasn't the one doing the scheduling and 2. others had probably REQUESTED that day off! There must have been a lot of bone heads complaining about it because there was a small comment made from the podium at that assembly that if you worked for a witness, you needed to be responsible for requesting theses days off, not just assume you were getting them.

There was the elders son who was a nice enough guy, but when he did some remodeling work for a single sister(she had some money as she made good money), he goofed up. He made a bar the wrong dimensions, and when she called him on it, he told her if she wanted it corrected, she would have to pay for it, that he wasn't going to eat it! She had family in, so she wasn't all alone, but did this fool think anyone else was going to hire him? His work was nice, but it was still not they had contracted for! She just accepted the wrong work to avoid confrontation.

I know of other stories of foolish jw workers, but I also know of some who give their best to their employers when they are at their jobs. Probably reflects the general population, but that is not what they say from the podium!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

ruderhead - I know of other stories of foolish jw workers, but I also know of some who give their best to their employers when they are at their jobs. Probably reflects the general population

Totally agree. I have found that there are all sorts of JWs, just like in the general population. Some you relate to, some you can trust, and others you don't and can't. Quite unlike the propoganda (thanks Oubliette) in the Watchtower.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

A friend of mine at church told me a funny story.

She worked in a card shop with a fellow jw. Come Christmas, the JW employee ALWAYS collected her Xmas bonus and talked about how she would be spending it in the January sales.

Some witnesses would'nt work in card shops because of all the evil Birthday, Easter, Valentine and Xmas cards - the shop must be crawling with demonz!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

When a pioneer asked what I did for a living, her only comment was, "Good benefits." There is no acknowledgement that secular work can be its own reward, contributes to society, and can be hugely satisfying in itself.

As compared to, say, door-to-door magazine peddling?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

jwfacts:

There was an excellent thread on this topic started by BucketshopBill just 18 days ago with many good posts.

In my opinion, the bad news outweighs the good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit