More JW bragging about the Landover, MD. convention. Please have barf bag at the ready before reading

by AndDontCallMeShirley 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Dozy - absolutely right.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

This reminds me of someone who once commented that that the Jw's god only seems to intervene when its parking or food, thus making him the god of parkinglots and resturants. I have to find the exact quote, it fits so well here....

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

OMG this pisses me off. I was at Landover all 3 awful days. AND I'm a Redskin fan that goes to at least one game a year. So, I know how parking goes at Fed EX

Parking Friday was an unmitigated disaster. Very unorganized both coming in the morning and leaving at night. Sat was not quite as bad in the morning and not bad for me getting out (took maybe 20 min which is fine). Sunday was again very tough in the morning and I sat there for around 45 min. I have NEVER waited that long to actually park at any Redskin game or any other event at a large venue (and I've been to plenty). They had a entire parking lot closed and it took them about a half an hour to actually open it up. It's a parking lot, why do you have to open it? Because "God's Organization" is a bureaucratic nightmare and you have to get approval from the higher ups to do something that a regular employee would actually do.

Also, I saw on at least 2 occasions, the police officers who finally stepped in to oversee things yelling at the volunteers because they were doing stupid things. A direct quote " How many times do I have to say this? Are you deaf or just stupid?" LOL - uh my vote is stupid!

Fastest ingress and egress in Fex Ex history???? LOL - first of all how would they know? secondly - no it wasn't. After Redskin games, we fire up the grill for a little post game tailgating. After about an hour, we pack up and then drive straight out with NO traffic. Yet, Friday it took 2 hours to get out. Ingress on game day? Maybe 15 minutes at most. Usually faster. Ingress on convention day? The best day was 25 min, the worst over an hour.

In the parking guys defense (and I know several), the crowds are terrible. I had at least 2 individuals who worked in parking confess to me that they would never do it again and that the "friends" either can't follow simple instructions or simply won't. I followed the instructions just like I would if I were going to a Redskins game. The parking attendant asked me to go one way and park in a particular space and that's what I did. Because I understand that you need to have organization when you're parking a good number of cars.

As to the claim they had more cars and buses than in anytime in Fed Ex history, that's simply not true. I saw open parking spaces. Maybe they had more buses than usual, but who cares? As was mentioned, the stadium now holds I think 88k for football and there were only 60k at the highest session.

Oh, I loved the fact that at least a few thousand decided to bolt early at least on Sat & Sun! I'm talking an hour maybe an hour and a half early. We were standing out in the concourse to get out of the sun and saw a steady stream of folks leaving. My only regret is that I wasn't one of them.

It's the absolute LIES that drive me nuts. Call a spade a spade. But to do that, you are viewed as "negative". How about realistic? No, that only applies if something goes right.

Let's not talk about the sound. Echos all over the place. During concerts and football games, NO echos.

I actually stopped looking at Instagram for about a week because it was nothing but dubs posting pictures about how wonderful everything was there. Yet, in person and with just the two of us, all they did was complain. I just don't get it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - there I feel better now!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Pity Jehovah and his holy spirit can't coordinate a campaign to end global hunger and war. But parking? Like a boss.

In the words of Dirty Harry: "A man's god's got to know his limitations."

Jehovah™ knows his limitations so handles the hard stuff- waving an orange baton to direct the Prius precisely between the two white lines.

It makes one wonder how a JW ever parks their own car when they aren't at a convention?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Truly it was directed by Holy Spirit. ... On Sunday Jehovah's people parked an estimated 22,000 cars and 182 chartered buses - the most at any event in FedEx history.

This reminds me of an old thread deconstructing the same silly, JW thinking:

Jehovah, the God of Parking Lots

- -
  • clarity
    clarity

I heard there were signs posted on the washrooms,

GO BIG or GO HOME!

clarity

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Yep quib, that is exactly the one i was thinking of

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I dont know what's worse, the usual JW boasting or that some of you are Redskin fans!! HA HA (a cowboy fan)

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Our friend the "Unknown Apostate" told a JW friend "How come Jehovah blessed your convention and Tucson, AZ was a nightmare with parking, does that mean he wasn't blessing theirs?" No answer...

They just won't think of these thngs will they?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"How come Jehovah blessed your convention and Tucson, AZ was a nightmare with parking, does that mean he wasn't blessing theirs?"

Jehovah doesn't go to Tucson in the summer...it's too hot. J-Dubs in Az. have to park their cars without the aid of Holy Spirit™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit