More JW bragging about the Landover, MD. convention. Please have barf bag at the ready before reading

by AndDontCallMeShirley 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tainted
    Tainted

redvip2000- your missing the thousands that walked to nearby hotels or the train station.

OTWO - reports are that it bought in $17,000,000 in revenue to the local area. I dont know the source of the reports though. Lol

• steve2
    steve2

The "holy spirit", like Big Business, is very much into Impression Management.

The holy spirit truly excels at making Jehovah's people look better than everyone else.

Damn shame there's no place for the holy spirit easing the burden of Jehovah's people in other corners of the globe.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wonder if this falls under Mystical Manipulation part Robert J. Lifton's Eight Criteria for Thought Reform.

There is manipulation of experiences that appear spontaneous but in fact were planned and orchestrated by the group or its leaders in order to demonstrate divine authority or spiritual advancement or some special gift or talent that will then allow the leader to reinterpret events, scripture, and experiences as he or she wishes.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How are they feeding all these people?

• Londo111
    Londo111

BYOF

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

@flyinghighnow Holy spirit, of course ;)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

FHN: How are they feeding all these people?

While WT is allegedly performing miraculous, record-setting car parking feats which has the world amazed and in utter disbelief at WTs technological advancement and obvious direction by Jehovahâ„¢, sadly JWs are still packing a bag lunch of PB&Js of their own making to the convention.

Not even simple manna is available.

• sd-7
    sd-7

reports are that it bought in $17,000,000 in revenue to the local area. I dont know the source of the reports though. Lol

Gee, washington.org--DC's tourism site, was expecting $41 million to be brought into the area. Ah, well...

Anyway, so people really all just took the Beltway, even people who know the area well enough to take Landover Road? That was just plain stupid. They could have at least suggested different routes to different congregations so they're not all trying to take the same Beltway exit.

Maybe I should relate the experience related to me by a sister, as a demonstration of Jehovah's loving care. Apparently, her son, a 2-year-old, was left with one of her friends while she went to visit her mom elsewhere in the stadium, and he just wandered off. When she got back to her seat, her son was gone! She frantically informed an attendant, and the well-organized brothers quickly located her son and returned him only to her, and no one else. We can only imagine what would have happened had this small child wandered off at a worldly sporting event! Thankfully, he was returned unharmed, and once again, Jehovah's loving concern even for the little ones was shown. [applause]

But it's always interesting to see how JWs always think that everything they do is done better than the outside world does the same thing. It's largely because they don't bother to do any kind of actual comparison, nor would they need to, since an appeal to superiority/authority is enough to convince the target audience anyway.

--sd-7

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

God is helping JWs park their cars while allowing followers of his Son Jesus Christ to get their heads chopped off in Iraq, Syria, and Libya. Could it be Satan who was helping them?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm glad Jehovah is blessing the parking arrangement.....maybe he's trying to encourage people to drive their own cars since riding the bus to the assembly sometimes doesn't go so well.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/One-Dead-Others-Injured-in-Tour-Bus-Accident-at-Miami-International-Airport-Officials-181670701.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit