Jesus was a false prophet?

by opusdei1972 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

So why does this person who claims to be God always threaten, slaughter, and harm babies children pregnant women men women just because he can't convince people he's God.....

• Viviane
    Viviane

The great tribulation being a one-time,non-repeatable event in hisory; a fairly local event affecting the Jews in and around Jerusalem and leading to their death or dispersion among the nations.The Sign to Flee Jerusalem’s Tribulation & Destruction:

Jerusalem was already occupied by forces and was often compassed by armies. Again, that was an observation of what was and had happened.

What specific thing did Jesus predict that came true exactly as he said that required special knowledge?

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

The Grea tribulation was for the 1st century beleivers only and never to be repeated again. Messiah came back as he promised for those 1st century faithful ones and they rule with him in the KIngdom now FULLFILLED 2000 years ago. There is no dual fullfillment or types or shadows they all ended with CHrist. The dual fulfillment is another deception by churches ot keep you enslaved and to stop you entering into the Kingdom. Christ in you, the living word

• Viviane
    Viviane

This thread is about whether or not Jesus, as portrayed in the Bible, was a false prophet, not your personal preaching platform.

So far, no one has been able to show one specific thing Jesus prophesied that came true that required any type of special knowledge.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@Viviane When one believes that which cannot be verified, EVERY platform becomes a preaching platform.

• kaik
    kaik

How can be 1st century a tribulation to Christians, while combining events of Jewish revolt and Nero's prosecution? You cannot have both. Until false apostle a liar Paul showed up, there was no division between Jews/Judaism and Christians. Majority of people who dipped themselves in baptistry were Jews. Jews were not prosecuted by Romans throughout the Roman empire until 45 years later after Romans took over Jerusalem in 70A.D. For millions of Jews living in comfort of Alexandria, Rome, and Greece, these events were not affecting them directly, except they heard news how got their ancestral land trashed as was normal by Roman administration (as they did with Illyria, Britania, or Batavia uprisings that happened at their lifetime). Viviane is correct. Judea was a part of Roman Empire for century when revolt happened. It the same as claim that civil war over slavery will happen in USA in 1870.

If Jesus fullfill any prophecy, Jews living in Judea will acknowledge him. However, since he did not, no Jews does accept him as messiah. Additionally, does anyone believes that Messiah went on hiking trip with Satan to see all the kingdoms of the world? Does it proves that gospels are inspired or just bunch of rubbish inventions and stories debated decades after the death of Jesus?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

To compund this problem many that belive Jesus existed ( i don't) say that these stories in the gospels in Matt. 24, Mark 13, luke 21 are abiut 70CE and Jerusalem's destruction. I find this unlikely. It is more likely the event being described is 136 CE in another revolt.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@viviane:

This thread is about whether or not Jesus, as portrayed in the Bible, was a false prophet, not your personal preaching platform.

So far, no one has been able to show one specific thing Jesus prophesied that came true that required any type of special knowledge.

If i may ask, which of Jesus's prohecies do you think should have come to pass by now and why do you feel that way?.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus was very clear that his parousia would occur within the lifetime of his contemporaries.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I love the words ascribed to Jesus " Forgive them they know not what they do"

I wish i could live those savage,brilliant and tremendously " perfect" words.

If i could die tomorrow and sincerly say " i forgive my enemies, they know not what they did" i would die happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit