Is there any good (im serious) in this religion JW

by dugout 70 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

a watcher - how does your "relationship" with your invisible sky-daddy differ from Stockholm Syndrome?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My family's experiences with the Witnesses gave me respect for the law. I care about enforcing minority rights. Another girl might be taken to the Gregory Peck film.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

posted ~ an hour ago(8/6/2014)

Post 311 of 312
    Joined 10/29/2012

Iggy, it doesn't bother me because the GB are not the masters over my faith. (2 Cor 1:24)

They do not control me.

They are my Brothers. They give me wise counsel, but I must decide if and how to apply it.

references taken from jwfacts---thanks

"We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah’s approval." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.24 Simplified English Edition

"To act consistently with our baptism for life and into the Greater Noah we must submit to and cooperate with that slave and its legal instrument, the Watch Tower Society." Watchtower 1959 Oct 1 p.583

"[A mature christian] does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave." Watchtower 2001 Aug 1 p.14

YOU SIR ARE CLEARLY NOT ONE OF JEHAVAHS WITNESSES

Talk to the brothers like that and you will most assuredly be disfellowshipped

Brainfloss

• galaxie
    galaxie

A watcher...you say the GB (fds) are your brothers who give you wise counsel and you decide IF and HOW you apply it.

Is their wise counsel not ' food at the proper time'?

That being the case you MUST consume it NO CHOICE or you will spiritually starve and we know how they treat spiritually weak dissenters.

Are you sure it is wise for you to choose which bits of counsel (food) which they so lovingly provide for your consumption?

Best wishes

• millie210
    millie210

Returning to the original posters question...

It makes a good social club for misfit people and lonely people who dont fit in with other groups.

Just tread water in service and you can be a "pioneer" (prestige) or an elder (again, viewed as prestigious).

• a watcher
    a watcher

cofty, the main difference is that the Syndrome happens in a captive or hostage situation; involuntary.

Serving Jehovah is completely voluntary. I can walk away anytime, as so many here have.

• Mikado
    Mikado

a watcher, it's NOT completely voluntary.

You have to be either willing or desperate enough to risk EVERYTHING.

not my definition of voluntary.

• naazira
    naazira

Positives is that I felt superior to worldly people. I also didn't have to work hard and achieve worldly success. I had friends as long as I attended meetings. If I missed two meetings they stopped talking to me, and when I returned I had my friends back. Also, the public speaking was a plus. Field service was good exercise. I learned how to memorize answers, that the holy spirit would later help me call to mind. I learned how to be persuasive and question false doctrine in all religions.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to War. They do not participate, in killing someone's enemy.

They do not support any Government, but happily tell their members and kicked out older Bethelites to go get Gov't Welfare.

In over 120 years they have never paid one penny of taxes. They are user's.

Because Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to war does not mean that they are peacemaker's.

They are not.

They are responsible for splitting up families. They tell members who wish not to associate any longer that they are bad and evil and will die and that God does not love them.

They are responsible for countless 1,000's of death's due to not taking, life saving blood transfusion.

They are responsible for hundreds if not thousands of suicides due to unkind behavior on WT's part.

WT/JW.org has hatred, for all homosexuals.

They encourage early baptism, to lock children in, before they are old enough to make adult decisions that will affect the rest of their lives.

They discourage education.

They discourage anything that will help you be anything but a WT drone.

They encourage everyone to give them their time, money, their lives, freely, to keep GB members at the status they want and enjoy.

Do you feel free to be a JW or not?

What if you decide, no, you do not want to be associated with the name JW's? What then? How will your family and friends view you?

Are you married? Have children? Are you gay? How will you be treated?

LL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Lois,

Well point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit