Is there any good (im serious) in this religion JW

by dugout 70 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

watcher, you cannot speak for all Witnesses. You do not have access to their minds or motivations.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Awatcher, what kind of life does it become? One with freedom of choice? Or one full of fear, fear of displeasing men, never reaching the standard set, and one where you can't wait for billions to die.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A watcher ...

"Jesus said...: I am the WAY and the truth and the LIFE..." (John 14:6)

I guess thats why the WTS./JWS is falsely corrupt, it doesn't follow the teachings of JC .

The JWS follow the teachings of a corrupt group of men running a religious publishing House

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Cofty

i don't see any problem in thinking that you can gain a decent moral compass from the Borg. I guess that is only in my case and is probably more of a result of a great mother. Regardless, Me and most of my friends ascribe to be good husbands and fathers. I try not to drink to much. I'm not gonna cheat on my wife. I work hard. I don't steal.

i don't doubt that you can gain these traits outside of the Borg. I also don't doubt that you can be raised jdub and be a horrible person. Regardless I have to think that some of what I am is a result of my history as a witness.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Iggy, it doesn't bother me because the GB are not the masters over my faith. (2 Cor 1:24)

They do not control me.

They are my Brothers. They give me wise counsel, but I must decide if and how to apply it.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

A watcher

iggy! I like that. I hope it sticks.

Thanks for sharing your point of view.

• cofty
    cofty

ignoranceisbliss - JWs focus on the trivial details of ethics.

Their view of other humans is shameful. As Cantleave said above how can you talk about a moral compass when you pray for the annihilation of billions of men, women and children?

Morals is about how we promote the flourishing of other conscious creatures. How can praying for their violent death not be the antithesis of morality?

How can you claim to be moral if you would shun your son or daughter or allow them to die rather than permit them to have a life-saving blood transfusion?

The vast majority of people I have come to know since leaving the borg are honest, hardworking family people. The Watchtower promotes a cynical view of fellow humans.

• a watcher
    a watcher

happy,

freedom of choice: I CHOOSE to serve Jehovah with Jehovah's Witnesses. That's my CHOICE.

full of fear: of what? I don't fear anything except displeasing Jehovah.

fear of displeasing men: I have a PERSONAL relationship with Jehovah that SUPERSEDES any relationship I have with humans, and if any humans don't like it they can blow it out their ear.

never reaching the standard set: I set my own standards.

...wait for billions to die: we wish everyone would serve Jehovah and live, but most people don't want to serve Jehovah, and so He will take away the life that He gave them.

• sir82
    sir82

most people don't want to serve Jehovah, and so He will take away the life that He gave them.

"Worship me or I'll kill you"?

How is that different than "your money or your life"?

You make God sound like a mugger.

• steve2
    steve2

Even life under Nazi Germany or in North Korea provided structure, purpose and direction. It is rare than any arrangement is totally and completely devoid of some "good". I spent many an evening inside a well-roofed kingdom hall during heavy rainfall and remained bone dry. Is that an example of "and good"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit