Is there any good (im serious) in this religion JW

by dugout 70 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Witnesses do not go to war in worldy theatres of war

Pacifism is no more a virtue than pasively watching a child being beaten in the street. Violence in the face of oppression can be a moral good.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It gave some people to quit destructive habits like drugs and smoking. I think many people who "find god" are benefited this way. My husband gave those things up to be a jw and now he's out the clean habits have stuck.

• bigmac
    bigmac

It is like Northern Korean dictatorship where entiere effort in the organization is dedicated on preaching of never appearing Armageddon. WT does not care about anyone in the organization, everyone is disposable. They will cut you on pieces like a lemon and squeeze all the juice and grind all the skin of you and throw the rest out. Run when you can.

well written KAIK---nice horns by the way.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Yes, there is some honey in the arsenic.

How is that good though?

The Watchtower hides that it is rotten at its very core (arsenic).

However there are good people, with good intentions, and good hearts, caught up in this religion.

The liberating gospel message of scripture, although not in their hearts and not on their lips, can be found in their publications, albeit fragmented and "buried under the mass of uninspired decrees of" the Watchtower supreme council of Popes and their apostate magisterium.

• Stealth
    Stealth

They create more atheists than any other religion.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

I'm a born-in. This cult has given me live-long anxiety issues, self-image issues, semi-depression at times, unworthiness feelings, and incredible guilt.

NO, it is a CULT. Don't even go to the KH, they will suck you in!!!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

"someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX"

That's got to be the longest name in the forum. Was it really necessary?

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I employed this metaphor a couple of days back:

Suppose that you see a friend about to drink a poisoned glass of milk, even if the poison represented only a small percentage of the whole. Should I include the nutritional aspects of the milk in my warning?

Ismael

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Maybe you should.. milk and poison often work quite well together.

Quote:

In Case of Poison Ingestion: Drink Milk?

Oct 20th, 2005

The other day, Sarah noted that on her laundry detergent, it said “In case of accidental ingestion, give a glass of water or milk, and contact a poison control center.” She thought it odd that they would want you to drink milk. The purpose of drinking at all was clear… to dilute the detergent. Even very dangerous poisons can be handled by your body if they are diluted enough. But what was so special about milk? We had two theories: one involved the basicity of milk, and the other involved the lactose sugar in milk.

I looked into it further, and my lactose guess was right. See, milk contains a sugar called lactose that the human body is unable to digest by itself. Lactose is a disaccharide (sugar made up of two units) consisting of one glucose unit and one galactose unit connected by a beta linkage. Lactose is digested in mammals (like humans) only with the help of an enzyme called lactase which cleaves the lactose in half… allowing the individual sugars to be absorbed by the body. The problem here is that there is a limited amount of lactase produced, and as humans age, many stop producing it altogether, making it harder and harder to digest the lactose sugars in milk. Eventually, many adults become lactose intolerant, meaning that they are unable to digest a significant amount of lactose. Interestingly, lactose intolerance varies widely by ethnicities. Those of African or Asian descent are almost always lactose intolerant. Europeans and some from India and the Middle-East retain lactase at a higher rate, likely due to a micro-evolutionary adaptation resulting from cultures in which lactose-containing foods are more common.

At any rate, even someone with the ability to digest lactose only has a limited amount of the lactase enzyme with which to process the sugar. Once all available enzymes are put to work breaking up lactose, additional incoming lactose molecules are put on a waiting list. While they’re waiting for a lactase spot to open up, your incredibly acidic gastric juices start doing a number on the milk that is just sitting in your stomach. The hydrochloric acid in your stomach turns the milk into hard-to-digest curds… sort of like what milk looks like when you leave it out for a few days. These curds end up coating your stomach and your intestines, and give you a case of indigestion. And if you’ve just swallowed a poison, indigestion is exactly what you want!

So there’s the answer… by drinking milk, you not only dilute the detergent (or other poison), you overwhelm the lactase enzymes, allowing your stomach’s hydrochloric acid to curdle the milk, which coats your stomach and intestines, slowing down the rate with which your body absorbs the poison.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WATCHER: fear of displeasing men: I have a PERSONAL relationship with Jehovah that SUPERSEDES any relationship I have with humans, and if any humans don't like it they can blow it out their ear.

Hey, Watcher -- I can think of a few humans who wouldn't like the fact that you are a regular associate and poster on this site. Since you're not worried about displeasing men, why don't you go tell your Elders that there are lots of interesting comments here and that you've learned a lot and (evidently) really enjoy engaging with the other regular posters here. Then you can see what happens when you tell them to BLOW IT OUT THEIR EAR.

Get back to us on how that goes!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit