Is there any good (im serious) in this religion JW

by dugout 70 Replies latest jw friends

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

It's like asking if there is anything good that comes from child molestation.

If you have to ask the question, you obviously are not understanding the full scope of the danger.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

A watcher. People in other high control groups will make the same claim that they are free to leave.

So what do you think happens to an Mooonie with family and decades of friends in the Moonies, that leaves the Moonies?

It is the same with any cult, yes, cult.

• prologos
    prologos

the op accknowledges that there is 'bad' in the religion by asking "--ANY good--" so the question was not about re iterating the bad that we know, why would we be here?but

the good.

the naive people, the faithful marriage mates. fidelity enforced by the double surveillance of the daddy in the sky and the local enforcers.

the circle of friends that know how to keep quiet like you.

that might not be good for some, good that also happen in other groups, but that has always benefited members of groups.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

10) They make you wear a suit.

9) They strongly encourage bathing.

8) They do endorse a moral code, although, some today think that their style is old fashioned.

7) They do give you boldness, and courage to speak about controversal issues.

6) Their Bible translation is not perfect, but, none of the others are.

5) The members are imperfect, and some of them are idiots, but, all other religions have the same kind of people.

4) Prince likes them.

3) They inspire great passionate apostates

2) JW.ORG….a work in progress…stick around another 100 yrs and see what this can do.

1) The GB members are human, and can die any moment. That Rulership for 1,000 yrs is a theory.

• Twitch
    Twitch

As has been mentioned or alluded to, there is some good in everything. Not every person who believes in the jw faith is evil.

For those whom the world had forsaken from the beginning, it is a path to something where there was nothing.

It is not the only path, nor is it mine but it is for some.

And it is beyond my control

• kaik
    kaik

WT is man made organization and JW will reflect good and bad traces in the humanity. While there were nice people, and I enjoyed some of the bible studies, like analysis of James, the theology is based on rubbish and pseudo-science. It is a religion where only momentary explanation of the scriptures matters and they can change at will without anyone questioning it. Overall, WT is destroyer of families, lives, happiness, and human abilities. It is like Northern Korean dictatorship where entiere effort in the organization is dedicated on preaching of never appearing Armageddon. WT does not care about anyone in the organization, everyone is disposable. They will cut you on pieces like a lemon and squeeze all the juice and grind all the skin of you and throw the rest out. Run when you can.

• steve2
    steve2

At a pinch, I am pleased the Witnesses do not go to war in worldy theatres of war. But I am aghast at the way they spiritually slaughter anyone and everyone with whom they disagree.

• Mum
    Mum

It gives men who otherwise would be total losers an "opportunity" to be bigoted bureaucrats in charge of mind-numbed hordes of uneducated, poor, deluded people.

Congratulations, Elders and MS's who, in the real world, could only be nobodies. But, wait a minute!

Come to think of it, it might save lives. Random shootings are almost 100% perpetrated by white males who want to move up in society but lack the education of social skills to do so. JW's can give these potential murderers the illusion that they have achieved something and are big shots.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sure. But the price is way, way, way too high.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Aahh....umm...there's...oh..and.... let me think......ummmm.........NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit