Will the JW.Org Site make a difference ?

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

I was just perusing the site last night, actually. There was an article in one of the recent Study Editions to reassure people in areas where they cannot access JW.ORG that they are not 'spiritually malnourished' or getting less 'spiritual food' than people who can go to the website. Just like the many Questions From Readers articles, it demonstrated how dependent JWs are on the literature and how insecure/immature they are in their faith if this question even needs to be addressed. The old JW persecution stories would have you believe you can be sustained by a matchbox-sized page of the Watchtower or something while in a labor camp, but they're worried about being 'malnourished' because they can't access the website?

--sd-7

• NotNew
    NotNew

But how many of those visitors are already JWs?

How many visitors are new--not jw?

SW

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sir82: Yes, but you are forgetting to apply the "scriptural rule" of "a day for a year". Take a day for a year, multiply it by the 1,335 days and divide by 7 times and you will see clearly that there are 1 million per day.

Best comment ever!

hahahahahaha

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

The new website will not make any more of a difference than the portable phonographs did to the preaching work. It will be shiney. It will be new. It will be exciting. And then eventually, between the pastel pictures and the hundreds of languages for people in 3rd world countries with no internet access... the same message will reveal itself.

So no. Until they change the message, they can paint their white-washed grave any color they want with whatever technology they want... it's still the same old s**t.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

No.. the entire content is too shallow and superficial and dumbed down and insults the average persons intelligence. The whole site is just plastic every single image and photo completely contrived and totally unrealistic and artificial. Check out the faces on that Awake cover above.. I mean what kind of people grin like Cheshire cats when looking at a religious website on some electronic device? it's all just so fake.

The non initiated may go there to take a look but I doubt much more than that.

Very excelent breakdown Dis-member!

That site is nothing more than a ruse to make brain dead borg drone dubs feel like they have an internet presence SMDH!!!

I bet none at the lake side compond have a clue of what SEO optimization is or which sector to target. dubs now have taken the weight and expense off the publishing company WHICH IS ALL THEY FUCKING ARE disgusied as a religionGTFOH!

I see dubs set up on corners downtown detroit with the JW.org display and it is the most pathetic thing you can behold. I thought them just standing holding the rags like a sign-board was sad but they have outdone themselves.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

yeah, that how many visitors stat is like counting how many doors got knocked on, regardless if they were answered or if those doors belonged to non JWs. The unique visitor combined with length of time spent on the site is MUCH different and WAY more important. I can bet that 5 minutes or more number is quite low

• steve2
    steve2

Everyone's just jealous cause it's "a unique website".

• defender of truth
  • Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

"Over one million unique visitors go to jw.org each day."

There is no way to ever verify this number. A person with 4 devices, a smart-phone, an IPAD, a laptop and a home computer could easily be counted 4 times.

A single person moving around town and using say 10 different public wifi networks on a single device in one day will be counted 10 times. If they have a smart-phone and an IPAD that's 20 times right there.

Those figures are complete fantasy.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, every figure they ever give is phoney and exaggerated .....why not the web hits too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit