Will the JW.Org Site make a difference ?

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It will obviously make a difference to how JW's obtain their literatrash, they will have to download and print it all themselves before long.

It will make a small difference to the DtoD work, they will now refer even genuine questions and interest etc to the Site, not taking the opportunity to "witness" on the initial call at all. This has been happening already to a degree.

The difference I am mainly interested in is the capture of new suckers in to the Borg.

We will be able to see when we get 2014's figures, sometime next year, what the rate of increase was over the last Ten years.

Phizzy the Prophet predicts that the rate of increase over the next Ten years will not be significantly up. Probably down, but certainly, I feel, not so different from the last Ten.

Should I be around in ten years to do so, I will wish to ask JW's:

"As JW.Org has proven to be a damp squib as to recruiting, does this mean it did not have Jehovah's blessing ?".

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It already has...it is the golden calf to which the sacrifices are being made. A tract campaign costing hundreds of thousands of dollars in printing costs and countless millions in gas and time consumed by those participating...these are the sacrifices, the burnt offerings to the idol that it has become...just wait for the jewelry line and tattoos!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I made the mistake of walking for my health this morning, and ran smack bang in to a JW lady rushing from DtoD, she insisted I should take her tract, as I knew her, and she is a dear, I did so with good grace.

I got a little dig in about how funny it was that they were giving out a tract to get people to go to a Website to ask for a visit, when they were already visiting the person. I also called it "Marketing" a couple of times, but I think JW's do not do subtle nuance.

When I returned home, I clicked on JW.Org to see it as a normal person would, I soon clicked on to the laughable article on Evolution, I should think anyone with a minimum education could see the fallacies in the arguments there.

They are shooting themselves in the foot badly with this.

Double GOOD !

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

JW.Org is the new Jehovah Witness golden calf formed by the High Priest Governing Body. The idiot JW leadership has done an aboutface and no longer demonize the internet. Now, they have put all this faith into JW.Org as being something from Jehovah himself......and now, they have placed every single deluded mislead JW only one website away from them being able to learn the truth about the Jehovah Witness cult. They are so stupid....I love it!

I got a little dig in about how funny it was that they were giving out a tract to get people to go to a Website to ask for a visit, when they were already visiting the person. I also called it "Marketing" a couple of times, but I think JW's do not do subtle nuance.

Phizzy.......that was an awesome dig. Only JW's could reason that what they are doing makes sense. LOL

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Phizzy: I got a little dig in about how funny it was that they were giving out a tract to get people to go to a Website to ask for a visit, when they were already visiting the person.

Exactly. That reminds me of the recent Awake! which featured the jw.org website: JWs go D2D to visit people to give them a magazine which tells them about a website they can go to in order to download the magazine they now have in their hand ...

- -

jw.org

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AlphaMan: JW.Org is the new Jehovah Witness golden calf formed by the High Priest Governing Body.

Yeppers!

- -

jw.org the new golden calf

• Giordano
    Giordano

This opens the door to many of the anti/ex J.W. sites. Their past is still out there on line and they can no longer pretend that they didn't once believed and teach what they did.

The Mormons are going through serious scrutiny as well by their followers. Here's a great article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/21/us/some-mormons-search-the-web-and-find-doubt.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

When fellow believers in Sweden first began coming to him with information from the Internet that contradicted the church’s history and teachings, he dismissed it as “anti-Mormon propaganda,” the whisperings of Lucifer. He asked his superiors for help in responding to the members’ doubts, and when they seemed to only sidestep the questions, Mr. Mattsson began his own investigation.

But when he discovered credible evidence that the church’s founder, Joseph Smith, was a polygamist and that the Book of Mormon and other scriptures were rife with historical anomalies, Mr. Mattsson said he felt that the foundation on which he had built his life began to crumble.

Around the world and in the United States, where the faith was founded, the Mormon Church is grappling with a wave of doubt and disillusionment among members who encountered information on the Internet that sabotaged what they were taught about their faith, according to interviews with dozens of Mormons and those who study the church.

“I felt like I had an earthquake under my feet,” said Mr. Mattsson, now an emeritus area authority. “Everything I’d been taught, everything I’d been proud to preach about and witness about just crumbled under my feet. It was such a terrible psychological and nearly physical disturbance.”

Mr. Mattsson’s decision to go public with his disaffection, in a church whose top leaders commonly deliberate in private, is a sign that the church faces serious challenges not just from outside but also from skeptics inside.............................

• sir82
    sir82

Since the JW model is oh so effective....

Still can't figure out why Facebook didn't hire an army of 8 million people to walk around and knock on doors to hand people a flyer, advertising their acquisition of What's App...

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Our hall has someone. prob soon to become publisher. he requested study thru website. Young,educated,good looking. Exactly the type of person you would think would have nothing to do with the Borg.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

All this means is that folks will or might be studying the bible without JW's (us).

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit