Will the JW.Org Site make a difference ?

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Nugget : you are right, and

for most people The Big --J-- in religion would not be the father's but the JESUS name, as many texts demand too.

The idea of the new covenant was, to have the word, god's law, in People's hearts, not their hard drive.

This emsculation of the self-learned spirituality of each member will yet have unforeseen consequences.

Jw.ork will make a difference? yes, spiritually not for the better.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

Its not about HITS but actual people !

About 1 million people (unique visitors / average daily figure) visited JW.ORG each day in 2014. At this very moment it is well over a million people a day.

source: my connection at the WT ICT department

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Compete.com a web stats site shows 1,478,149 visitors for the month of June for the US. That's around 42,297 visitors a day.

https://siteanalytics.compete.com/jw.org

If you imagine that the same individual will log onto jw.org on their smart phone, IPAD, laptop and home computer (which witnesses definitely do) many of these visitors will get counted up to 4 times.

Quantcast.com shows 866,986 visitors for the period of May 31st - June 29th 2014. That's 28,899 visitors a day. Again not quite a million.

I'm not sure the WT are measuring their stats but not one of the major web stat analysis sites agree with the figure mentioned above.

Still.. the number of visitors too is no real indication of how well a website is doing or how well it's material is received any more than the number of letter boxes tracts are pushed through is any real indication of people interested in what the org is selling or the hours spent knocking on doors is any true indication of how well people are receiving their message. These numbers in fact only show just how much sheer time and paper is wasted.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

nugget - "The organisation I left though bad at the time has got worse in the short time I have been away..."

I know, right?

These days, it seems like every other week there's a new example of increasingly weird-ass whatthef**kery...

It's like its accellerating.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Dis-member sites like alexa.com, quantcast and compete will not give you any reliable figures since they work with panels (limited groups) of people. They look at the behaviour of those limited groups and extrapolate that to the U.S and World Population to get their estimates.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Yes possibly for some that just take the US stats.. but some are more global in their reach and are proven to be extremely accurate.

Take a look at this..

http://blog.kissmetrics.com/free-analytics-accuracy/

• jgnat
    jgnat

A unique website? Really? It's a generic website, designed to underwhelm.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Seems the Catholics are not fowllowing the jw's and Mormons with feeding their sheep via the internet.

Don't waste time on Internet, smartphones, says Pope Francis

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-don-t-waste-time-on-internet-smartphones-pope-francis-urges-young-people-2008377

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I doubt it will have much effect. Face it, how many placements left at the door are EVER read? A very small percentage. How many who recieve the tract will go on JW.ORG? Even less.

zed

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes the site will make a difference but not the difference that the Governing Body is hoping for. If a Wordly/unindoctrinated person goes to the site they will first most likely Google it, then they will see all the apostate sites which expose the Watchtower Corporation for being a sham. I'm sure that such a person if warned about other sites by the door to door JW will not heed the warning, in fact the warning may be interpeted by the house holder as hiding something and pique their interest(opposite effect than intended). But lets suppose the person by chance follows the advice of the JW and just goes to their official site, they will see a bunch of dumbly writen unscientific material that's halarious to the unindoctrinated reader, as in this stuff only make sense if your'e brain dead and under the mind control of the Watchtower Corporation.

So I'm glad JWs are now advertising their website, I hope it continues, because the website is so pitifully infantile and it gives the house holder a good glimps of the Watchtower Corporations full blown nuttiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit