Will the JW.Org Site make a difference ?

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

About 1 million people (unique visitors / average daily figure) visited JW.ORG each day in 2014. At this very moment it is well over a million people a day.

source: my connection at the WT ICT department

Compete . com a web stats site shows 1,478,149 visitors for the month of June for the US. That's around 42,297 visitors a day.

Quantcast . com shows 866,986 visitors for the period of May 31st - June 29th 2014. That's 28,899 visitors a day. Again not quite a million.

Yes, but you are forgetting to apply the "scriptural rule" of "a day for a year". Take a day for a year, multiply it by the 1,335 days and divide by 7 times and you will see clearly that there are 1 million per day.

• Dis-Member
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I see some positive things for the website:

1) It is cabable of delivering a message better than most R&F Witnesses can do at the door. Let's face it, they are brain-dead.

2) It is one-way. Not interactive. Therefore the interested person cannot ask questions. So if a person does actually respond and request that a JW contact them, it's going to be a person that is also brain-dead, which makes them a better prospect for conversion. It eliminates knocking on 100,000 doors to get one potential recruit.

Negative things:

1) Most internet savvy folks will not stop at JW.ORG when they Google for information, thus they will be exposed to 10x or 100x of negative sites for the one JW.ORG site.

2) The Third World is the WTS prime recruiting grounds. How available and effective is internet recruiting there?

I think it's really for the use of the JWs themselves. Print your own literature. Download your own propaganda material. Etc.

It will save the WTS money.

Doc

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is the size of a screen in the third world:

Third World Cell

I just saw a presentation on TED by Facebook's designer, and they check that their Facebook feed is compatible with screens like this. Has the WTS taken similar care with their website?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes the money savings are substantial:

I think it's really for the use of the JWs themselves. Print your own literature. Download your own propaganda material. Etc.

It will save the WTS money.

Doc

The cost of paper, printing, shipping, storing, and hand delivery of this printed garbage must be enormus, so we can see a substantial cash savings all across the board for the Corporation. This is a dying Corporation that has lost a substantial amount of assets in recent years because it has been unwilling to change its business model, due to a shared delusion about it being "God's Earthly Organization" and imagined blood guilt for not sharing its gleaned/questionable information from the Bible.

• steve2
    steve2

The message via the website ensures uniformity without the risk of local variation. This will so please the GB.

Also, if it transpires that the website leads to a renewed surge in "growth", it will underscore the super-effectiveness of the internet over the drudgery of the door-to-door method. Perhaps the unintended consequence in that case would be an even greater leveling off in zeal for covering the territory? Interesting times.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

You know, in thinking about this, who cares about number of visitors? It's about as helpful as number of return visits or bible studies. What matters is number of actual converts. Professional companies who look at their website statistics only view the number of unique visitors as a portion of the equation. It's called a conversion rate. What's the conversion rate? How many of the visitors become actual, paying customers?

The Bible doesn't have any passages that describes the number of people the disciples talked to, or the number of return visits, or the number of Scripture studies (they didn't have a Bible back then). They only reported the number actually baptized.

My point is, stating the number of visitors is simply a way to boast, and really means nothing. Of COURSE there's going to be an increase in the number of visitors with this campaign. No question about it. Draw attention to any site and more people will visit it. Briefly. In a month or so, the number of visitors with drop back down to the normal range, possibly a little higher. The more important figure is the number of people where are actually converted due to their exposure to the website as the FIRST introduction to the religion.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey I bet they are looking at the cookies of those that visit the JW.org and are finding a sustantial amount of cookies from our site, and all the other appostate sites. I think the GB should be even more savey about their competitions web pages and what people are reading in addition to their site. I mean this mining of information should be very valuable to these CEOs and which perhaps they can't bare to do if they are in serious denial about their situation and in a delusion. That's my guess,, but then again one of the horrible outcomes of wishful thinking is when the whole dam thing falls apart when reality finally makes it an obviously a delusion to the delusional and often with terrible consequences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

Christopher Booker described wishful thinking in terms of

“the fantasy cycle” ... a pattern that recurs in personal lives, in politics, in history – and in storytelling. When we embark on a course of action which is unconsciously driven by wishful thinking, all may seem to go well for a time, in what may be called the “dream stage”. But because this make-believe can never be reconciled with reality, it leads to a “frustration stage” as things start to go wrong, prompting a more determined effort to keep the fantasy in being. As reality presses in, it leads to a “nightmare stage” as everything goes wrong, culminating in an “explosion into reality”, when the fantasy finally falls apart. [3]
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I have to wonder how many people who are finding out TTATT but who live with believing parents, or mates o pen up the official JW site........ pull up a WT article......... then open a second window like this site and settle down for a read. In walks the believing mate and with a click of the mouse the JW screen is back up...........just saying.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

More than you or I can count I would imagine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit