Just curious...how did you find Jehovah's Witness Net?

by cultBgone 44 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

The influx of new posters made me wonder if the push to view JW.ORG is helping curious ones find this support site?

Please post whether you found JWN during an internet search or if someone told you about it.

I myself was directed here by a df'd family member once I shared my doubts with that person.

• blondie
    blondie

I was on a DB that was considered a dubious jw one. Simon left and formed JWD now JWN and I followed over here with a self-righteous attitude. I have dropped that for the most part. This DB as evolved over time and personalities have come and gone, and come back again.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Cedars from jwsurvey introduced me. Kate xx

• stillin
    stillin

I looked at the Watchman site, which led me to the Freeminds site which led me here. JWFacts is a great resource!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I stopped being afraid to google "Jehovah's Witnesses" and decided to go wherever it took me. Freeminds had a thing called "Talk Soup" that linked to the old forum, jehovahs-witness.com. The rest is history.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I found it a few months after the site went live, around July 2000.

That was where I found the "Daniel's Prophecy" bookmarker with the study schedule on the back.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I finally decided that I needed to talk to someone about all my concerns, but I didn't want it to be a whole thing. I knew if I talked to an elder they'd probably want to study some book with me, and I knew that'd go one of two ways: I'd either chicken out and just go along reading the answers out of the paragraphs, or I'd push the issue and ask questions that I knew deep down had no good answers.

Instead I did a Google search go 'jw forum' and this was the first hit.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I first found it when researching for a public talk, realised it was the dwelling place of demunz and quickly closed the window.

The next time was after the Asian tsunami in 2005 when I was somewhat disturbed by the the letter the elders recieved about telling the congregations to contrinute to the worldwide work. Again I quickly closed it.

Then 2009 when I realised that the rest of the body of elders I was serving on were a bunch of self-serving hypocrites I found it again read some the post pertaining to the issue I was facing and the rest is history.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Absolutely! Do a simple Google search for jw.org and you will see jwfacts and jwsurvey in 2nd and 3rd position. The curious must definitely be having a look.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I found it through freeminds. I felt guilty,but I was quite discouraged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit