Just curious...how did you find Jehovah's Witness Net?

by cultBgone 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I honestly can't remember, but it strck a cord with me. I laughed so much at first, I couldn't believe anyone would talk about the religion, as I was surely scared to. Not now.

• naazira
    naazira

My then bible conductor told me not to read sites talking about jws. My conductor told me the best information that is true was on their former site watchtower.org I was skeptical because it sounded like my conductor was hiding something. So I googled Jehovah's witnesses.On Google, I saw a link to a forum post on here and clicked on it. Here I am

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Similar for me Jeanette. I cannot exactly remember the link to this Site, but the process was I had read Daniel Chapter 4 in my private bible stsudy, but without WT spectacles on, I read it to see what it actaully said, and it hit me between the eye, BAM ! nothing about 1914, nothing you could even stretch if you were normal.

I then went On-line and found that 607B.C.E was in actuality the one year in history that nothing happened.

So, I Googled 1914 and found a site run by a (then) JW who also said the 1914 doctrine was rubbish. How thrilled I was to find I was not alone !

I soon was directed by Google to JWD as it was then, the first Thread I read had a poster on it, with a Homer Simpson avatar, and he was called Homerovah the Almighty. Such irreverence made me feel uneasy, but made me laugh too ! the guy talked sense. I soon read avidly on JWD, and then I purchased C.O.C.

But it was JWD/JWN that supported me throughout.

Thank you Simon, and all who did, and do contribute.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I had been assigned an outgoing public talk by only the number not the title. So I googled the talk title I thought I was supposed to give and it led me to a post by jgnat with all the talk titles and numbers.....I lurked for a while during my awakening then joined.

• designs
    designs

a friend

• factfinder
    factfinder

There was a link from Freeminds, something I had clicked on called JW Soup or something, the post directed me here.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Twelve years ago ! although I am not as old as some on here. .. I came the same route as Stillin, OnTheWayOut and EmptyInside, being brave enough to look I came to "Freeminds" (thanks Randy) and followed the link to here

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

A colleague at work told me about it. When she started at my workplace she was still 'in' but left shortly after. It was so great to laugh at the religion, all the funny things people say on here about it. Brilliant! I'd never laughed at it before. Just what I needed.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i first blundered onto this site---and thought it was the official watchtower site--and quickly left.

later---i met CANTLEAVE who told me the basics about this place---so i joined---4 years ago.

when i first started posting---i was f*cked over pretty hard by some regulars---accused of trolling etc---till cantleave stepped in and reassured everyone i really am a mentally diseased apostate----( long before the gee bee thought the idea up ).

the rest--is a complete mystery

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

till cantleave stepped in and reassured everyone i really am a mentally diseased apostate - bigmac

Lol, I like your posts you make me laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit