Just curious...how did you find Jehovah's Witness Net?

by cultBgone 44 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

From links on freeminds.org (thank you, Dogpatch!)

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Got a call from an active JW in the Silicon Valley to google "Menlo Park, CA". WOW...could't help but read other posts. The Mrs and I lurked for a few months...then bam. Joined, read more, and became free of 50+ years of bondage.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was always in fear of the "boogeyman / apostates" due to years of instilled fear tactics....so I always avoided any 'questionable' sites...

Then one day I thought about former people I knew while at Bethel...did a google search for names, then found JW.Facts. I really appreciate Paul's honesty and efforts in producing that site. I read his story (I know so many of the people that dealt harshly with him).

Then I realised that I was an individual who had the right to search for information if I wanted to! I was not a child that needed permission. I did not need to feel guilty for searching for the Truth!.

That led me to finding this wonderful forum!

It is my lifeline now...it keeps me sane while in this fading / transition stage! (even while still appointed and sitting on the sound desk at our hall!)

Most importantly, it has helped me to be free of the shackles and chains that the org tries to enslave us all emotionally and mentally with!

• losingit
    losingit

I googled 'disfellowshipped and lonely' last year and found this site.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

It's amazing how many different avenues have all led to this wonderful site! Please keep posting, I think it's very encouraging to everyone.

• Mum
    Mum

In 1997, my daughter and I got onto the internet for the first time. She found a board for ex-JW's called H2O (Hourglass 2 Outpost), which had started out as a pro-JW site. "Apostates" had taken over the site, and there was wonderful information and fascinating people there. Little by little, that discussion board either went away or so many people didn't post anymore that it was no longer any fun to go there.

Fast forward to 2001. I was looking for an ex-JW discussion board again. I may have used a search engine, or I may have found a link at Freeminds. I'm not sure how I found this particular site, but it started with H2O.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Same as OTWO! Thank you Randy!

• Spectre
    Spectre

I used to check out fark.com and they had a link to this site about some dumb thing the WT was doing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Looking for some JW info on Google.

Ta Da

Doc

• Raton
    Raton

Used internet searches looking for TTATT. Although at the time I didn't know to refer to it as TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit