Hello

by lurkernomore 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

lurkernomore : Did you know that the Society was not Spirit-directed ? Even Joseph Rutherford taught that no holy spirit was directing the Society:

“But when the Lord Jesus comes to his temple and gathers his approved ones into the temple, is there any further need for the office of the holy spirit as a helper and advocate? If not, then the advocacy of the holy spirit would there cease. Jesus, being in the temple and with his chosen ones, would act for them directly.” (Watchtower, September 1, 1930 p. 263)

“It would seem that there would be no necessity for the ‘servant’ to have an advocate such as the holy spirit, because the ‘servant’ to have an advocate is in direct communication with Jehovah and as Jehovah’s instrument, and Christ Jesus acts for the entire body.” (Watchtower, September 1, 1930 p. 263)

“After the holy spirit as an advocate or paraclete ceased to function in behalf of the consecrated, then the angels are employed in behalf of those who are being made ready for the kingdom. ‘For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all they ways’ -Ps. 91:11″ (Preservation, 1932 p. 51-52)

“By his spirit, the holy spirit, Jehovah God guides or leads his people up to a certain point of time, and thus he did until the time when ‘the comforter’ was taken away, which would necessarily occur when Jesus, the Head of his organization, came to the temple and gathered unto himself those whom he found faithful when he, as the great Judge, began his judgment, in 1918.” (Preservation, 1932 p. 193-194)

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Lurker, welcome to you and Mrs. Lurker --- your news makes for many happy hearts!

You have a wonderful future ahead of you and I know you'll plan it out wisely. I'm looking forward to more of your posts and am thankful that you found the safety net of JWN. Yay!

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Hey Captain, that is a moral duty i'm more than happy to fulfill, although I think you'll be dissappointed in how this was achieved. I will try to as detailed as possible without giving myself away

My wife has always had doubts and been somewhat lethargic in all aspects of the 'truth'. We have been married a number of years and this has pretty much been an issue throughout. So for this reason alone, discussing what i found out about the UN NGO involvement was no biggy. From then on, from my end at least the ball was well and truly rolling and i discussed further damning evidence i found along the way.

It's also good to note that her remaining JW family have also all but left the 'truth' due to researching TTATT after persnal issues in their congregations. So all in all it has been a bit of an easy ride for me with regards to my wife.

The only snag is to decide on how we decide to 'move ahead' and quickly to do so. At least our less than active involvement has already allowed us to cut off considerably, without any questions from prying eyes.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Hey opus yeah i do. To be honest i've been reading so much over the past few months there's very little i have'nt read or taken in. As it stands it's only personal experiences that shock/disgust me now.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

For me the starting point of realising TTATT was when a fellow witness posted an interesting meme on a social network which prompted comments form both witneses and non-witnesses alike. It was here that i first heard about the whole UN NGO saga. The rest, as they say is history!

Welcome. I see lots of JWs getting busy on the internet and wondered if they feel like a family and encouraged seeing so many joining together from around the world. It is good to see that the discussions are opening the eyes of some.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome sandbaggernomore lurkernomore!

It's great that your wife shares your views about the Jehovah's Witness cult denomination because so many of us had to go it alone when we found out TTATT and are now either single, remarried or have met a significant other who is not a cultist Jehovah's Witness.

Enjoy your journey of freedom!

P.S. Do not admit to anything if the hounders elders interrogate lovingly beat shepherd you in an attempt to bring you back into the snake's den fold.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you are finding your way out of the cult. It sounds like you are having a fairly easy transition, good for you.

It never ceases to amaze me how poorly this religion treats people. The GB has to to realize how easy it is to find out the truth about them, and if you treat people badly you will push them into looking for answers. Once you start really questioning things it becomes obvious it's all just smoke and mirrors.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, it sounds like you are in a good situation, or at least better than many. All the best on your journey.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Great news brother.

we left 6 mths ago with my wife after 20 yrs. it is kinda scary at first.

But you will NOT regret this decision! We are more than happy, simply joyous!

Just had beer and dinner with an Ex-JW brother last night.talked for over 2 hours!

The gist is that we must have great love of the real biblical Truth over the Watchtower lies,

this love will send us free from WT bondage. We had live and breathe Jn8:32.

Life has been awesome since then.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Congrats on being able to admit reality!

A true human being!

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit