Hello

by lurkernomore 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I thought it was high time to introduce myself (without my name of course)

As my name would suggest i have been reading your intriguing post, thoughts and discussions for some time now. Around 3/4 months to be exact.

I guess to start with it would seem fitting to give a little background on my current situation.

I'm a born-in, but have over the last few years found that through a number of varying occurences, (some of which i may discuss in future posts) that my 'zeal' has gone from regular field service and meetings to no service in over a year and very sporadic meeting attendance. This however did not mean that i did not believe it to be the truth... until more recently.

For me the starting point of realising TTATT was when a fellow witness posted an interesting meme on a social network which prompted comments form both witneses and non-witnesses alike. It was here that i first heard about the whole UN NGO saga. The rest, as they say is history!

I am in the privileged position of having a wife who also supports my position and we are well on our way out.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Excellent, keep reading, keep searching and keep questioning.

Better to have questions you can't answer than answers you can't question. Cant remember who said that one sorry....

• galaxie
    galaxie

Welcome to our diverse and sometimes enlightening forum for many to discuss , debate, vent and find kinship with many who have similar feelings and experiences as yourself.

Best wishes.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome to JWN lurkernomore,

Have you and your wife read Crisis of Conscience, by Ray Franz yet? Hope to hear your full story. Kate xx

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Thanks guys/gals,

Yes Kate i have, and an interesting read it was. I have literally been reading non-stop since my first encounter with said 'saga'. It's strange how quickly something you've held dear for so long just kind of crumbles before your eyes.

It's difficult to understand how some so called 'apologists' can even try to argue the failed prophecies, negligent treatment of pedophile victims, dodgy doctrines and flip flops.

The word hypocrisy barely covers some of these instances!

• bigmac
    bigmac

welcome to jwn---lurkernomore

are you able to say which country youre in ?

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Hi bigmac,

I'm in the UK. I won't get any more specific than this for the time being as i'm sure you can appreciate. ;)

• KateWild
    KateWild

The word hypocrisy barely covers some of these instances!- LNM

Glad you have read CoC, there is no turning back now, if we do then we are the hypocrites too. Kate xx

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome to the board....hope your exit goes as smoothly as possible, glad your wife is on board...stick together x

Best wishes from Wales x

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, lurkernomore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit