Hello

by lurkernomore 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome lurker no more.

Congratulations on your newfound freedom. Many of us have been where you are at, so stay in touch, only share what you feel like, and reach out if you need help.

Most importantly, get out and never look back. Depending on what part of the world you are in (I am in South California), there may be a meetup group or some local ex's or soon to be ex's......and many times that can be super helpful. I'm not going to lie, its a little weird at first. Might be worth looking into.

Take care!

• bemused
    bemused

Welcome! As others have said, it's great that your wife is on your side. I appreciate it's very early days but maybe start thinking now about how you might build a life outside the 'Truth'.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Hi ABS, as I mentioned in earlier posts my wife has always had issues with a lot of things the society does and teaches. This was mainly down to experiences she had whilst growing up both with her family and others in the congregation she's originally from.

There was a time when I would try to help her 'see sense' lol, and that individuals are imperfect yadda yadda yadda. Makes me feel a bit embarrassed to think I ever stuck up for it all.

Most of her immediate family are out now too so that makes things easier for us both now and in the future too hopefully.

If you take a quick look at my previous post it explains a little more about it. Basically I'm quite lucky compared to most experiences I've read on here.

In my case most my immediate family locally are still very much in apart from my ageing grandad who's I his late 80's now.

I'll post some more in depth details about myself in the coming days. I've almost run out of posts for today, didn't even realise there was a limit till a couple hours ago... oops.

• Vintagewife
    Vintagewife

Welcome Lurkernomore! You will find encouragement and more on this forum. I look forward to hearing your story.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!

So glad you and your wife are both out together. My husband and I are both out together after being in for over thirty years. We too have been trying to make up for lost time. Enjoy your freedom.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

A warm welcome Lurker. I'm very happy for you and your wife.

• skin
    skin

And another big HELLO from New Zealand.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome new friend. Glad to hear you have learned the truth about the truth.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Welcome to the real world! Enjoy the best of the rest of your life!

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

Welcome to you both.

Hampshire UK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit