Does consciousness end with the death of the body

by givemejustalittlemoretime 129 Replies latest watchtower bible

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

I know I am late to the party however having read Dr Lanzas book I also feel that life and consciousness are seperate. By the way the two slit experiment was not conducted by Dr Lanza. I do not purport to be a scientist but I do find Dr Lanza very facinating and think that more will come out on this subject. Also the fact that atoms are not solid and yet solid objects are full of atoms. Could it be that what we see is what we have been told about and that such items are just a mass of atoms. Indian folklore tells of American indians standing on the shore unable to recognize a ship coming to port. Why? they had never seen a ship before. To me it sounds reasonable and I think that there are many things that we do not yet understand. Just my two cents. Stuck In

• Viviane
    Viviane

I know I am late to the party however having read Dr Lanzas book I also feel that life and consciousness are seperate.

Why?

Also the fact that atoms are not solid and yet solid objects are full of atoms.

Atoms are invisible and I am made of atoms, therefore I must be invisible.

Do you see the fallacy there? Also, look up the strong nuclear force.

To me it sounds reasonable and I think that there are many things that we do not yet understand.

True, but not understanding something we see is different from assuming something exists for which there is no proof.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL, so glad there are some intelligent posters on this board able to cut thru bullshit and poor reasoning.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Mad Giant:

I have been out of the watchtower since 83.

For all practical purposes they didnt have computers as we know them back then.

So If that is the watchtowers belief today, I doubt it was then.

I didnt get it from the watchtower.

Yesterdays watchtower corporation is not todays watchtower corporation.

I really don't know what the watchtower in the 21st century believes.

I know they were wrong about everything they preached about in the 20th century.

I got the idea from a book I read.

I think it was called ancient aliens.

But its just one unfounded opinion to the next.

Nothing provable.

Call it a theory. Or possibility.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

@James Brown
    No problem, I was just asking questions. I am not sure if that's even close to what they believe. We both should check. :)
    Have a nice day.

Ismael

• Viviane
    Viviane

LOL, so glad there are some intelligent posters on this board able to cut thru bullshit and poor reasoning

WMF, In my opinion, there are a lot of intelligent posters here. It take a lot of work to change the way we think and a desire to do it. Critical thinking isn't just something we acquire once we leave the cult. I think a lot of people here have deeply held beliefs and it's a fair amount of work to realize they may need to be evalutated critically and potentially discarded.

The point I am making is that intelligents doesn't necessarily have anything to do with having learned and had the opportunity to practice critical thinking.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You are correct, I was sloppy in my wording.

I dared to challenge my beliefs, all of them when approaching 40... I did learn critical thinking and followed the evidence to atheism. It was not a long road to travel, but that's just me.

• Viviane
    Viviane

OTOH, I wrote "intelligents" vs. "intelligence", so there's that :)

• frankiespeakin
  • designs
    designs

"We are living on this planet as if we have another one to go to".

Realized with this quote why religious people exploit this earth and deny climate change from human industrialization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit