When You See A Witness What's Your Reaction?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Oh hell yes..after being in for 50 yrs, I can tell

they are jw from a mile away ......just look for

the cocky, I am in charge attitude!! The males

look at women like they are dirt! ....oh yeah then

there are their uniforms, suits and below the knee

dresses .........but very low cut! Guess the have

to show off one end at least!

My reaction .....can't take my eyes off them, just like

watching a car wreck!

• StAnn
    StAnn

If they come to my door, I very politely say, "Honey, you're in a cult. You need to do some research on the internet, not in JW literature." And then I close the door.

If I see them in public, I smile and say hello. The reaction is generally that they run away, as quickly as possible, because I'm known as a notorious apostate, which I find amusing. All I did was change my mind.

StAnn

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Consternation. I get nervous. I don't want to see them. I pretend not to unless they spot me first.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will be wishing I could physically drag Saturn into Gemini, especially if upon that planet entering Sagittarius they start exercising my dedication as a legally binding contract. I know the religion is a scam, not even fully in the platform it claims to be (yes, it does meet the criteria to be part xian, but it is also part pharisaic Jewish). Yet, it only takes one judge to rule that I should have known it was a scam before signing (baptism), and that a contract is a contract and legally binding no matter what.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i always say hello even if they seem to not have seen me or recognize me, i don't think my appearance has changed. conversation is fine, general chit chat, i will only discuss something if they mention the truth. i try to be honest and not b mealy mouthed but it has a bad effect on me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I see a JW what's my reaction ? depends on the circumstances, when and where, and what I am doing at the time, but most importantly, who they are.

Sometimes if I see one or more in a Store say, and I am in a hurry, I will avoid them, having no time for pointless pleasantries with people I have nothing in common with now. If they are people I liked I will make the time to talk, maybe hug etc

I actually "shunned" Bro Pompous and his wife a while ago, they looked at me for several seconds across the aisles of a Store, Sister Pompous with her hand on her hip, ready to give me a lecture, I turned and walked away with my head held high.

Not great behaviour, I admit, but those two deserve it.

I am in no fear as to conversing with them now, I used to be wary, in case I said too much, now I simply say things that challenge them without giving them anything to go and report.

If I see one I do not know, you can smell 'em LOL, I just feel a deep pity for the poor, entrapped mind that sits behind those dead eyes.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

When I see the JW's set up in public places with the literature stands.......... I get extremely embarrassed and avoid them. (I recently saw two JW's standing next to their literature carts outside the restrooms of an interstate public rest area. Is this considered "good territory"?)

When I see JW's out in public that I have known from other congregations or the circuit or from earlier in my life and they are not or never were a friend of mine...... I avoid them.

(This just happened the other day) When I see a a normal well-dressed, well-behaved, happy, apparently loving, nuclear JW family come into the Starbucks I am in on a Saturday morning and they are taking their field service break.......... I get an overwhelming feeling of sadness. That sadness is hard to explain. When I saw them and watched them I recognized the good that being a good, clean, respectful family can be. The parents attentive to the children. The children bubbling with excitement for their donut that is coming. Their contentment and normalcy felt good to see. But the smile it brought to my face quickly turned to a feeling of dread. Dread because I know this happy little family is not going to stay that way. When the young kids hit their teens this family will most likely be blown apart like a bomb was set inside of it. They will never be the same. Never be whole again. That makes me incredibly sad.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I get a mixed up feeling of sadness, pity, anger, and fear. I want to run away, but also engage them in questions all at the same time.

• Quendi
    Quendi

My reaction is the same that Mum has: pity and anger. I do not go out of my way to seek their company or greet them. After I was disfellowshipped, I moved away from the city I had lived in, so I don't see the Witnesses I used to know. That's good for both parties. I have not encountered any Witnesses in my new city and that has given me great peace of mind.

Quendi

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I just hope they walk out of the org someday soon and experience the freedom from mind control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit