Silence after stating my confusion about "144,000"

by tidalblitz 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

The Watchtower Society teaches that humans are not capable of ruling themselves, but 144,000 imperfect humans are going to rule over mankind! Go figure.,..( . OK with JC )

Good question yadda ,

Then again hasn`t the JW`s been preaching for the past hundred years or so its Jehovahs kingdom ?

So , is it jehovahs Kingdom ?

Is it the kindom of Jesus Christ ,? , with the 144000 ? Imperfect human beings ?

Or is it a kingdom with Jehovah God , Christ Jesus , and the 144000 , imperfect human beings ,all ruling together ? ( is that a trinity ) ?

smiddy

• jhine
    jhine

The whole business of the 144,00 being in Heaven and the Great Crowd being on Earth is not correct and based on the WT ,s wrong translation of the words to do with innner and outer court of the Temple . In fact the Great Crowd are in Heaven , so the whole idea of the majority of people living on Earth as they do now is false . I have a proper explanation somewhere about this and will try to find it if anyone is interested .

Jan

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Have you ever heard of a Kingdom that was just a government?

Is The White House the 'nation' of the USA?

What 'kingdom' is only those in it's parliament, only those governing?

Doesn't any kingdom also include the subjects, the citizens of that kingdom, the great majority who are ruled over?

Didn't Jesus say that the sheep who he separates from the goats will inherit 'the Kingdom' (Matt 25)?

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

The 144,000 serving with Christ since the 1st century was the reward for the OT faithful ones and the APostles for their faith. It's already done and completed

• Fernando
    Fernando

"This concept of 2 different rewards based on the arbitrary criteria of when I was born always seemed stupid to me."

Quite a profound point, tidalblitz.

(Ephesians 4:4-6) ". . .One body there is,

and one spirit,

even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called;

one Lord,

one faith,

one baptism;

one God and Father of all [persons],

who is over all and through all and in all."

• Magnum
    Magnum

jhine: The whole business of the 144,00 being in Heaven and the Great Crowd being on Earth is not correct and based on the WT ,s wrong translation of the words to do with innner and outer court of the Temple . In fact the Great Crowd are in Heaven , so the whole idea of the majority of people living on Earth as they do now is false . I have a proper explanation somewhere about this and will try to find it if anyone is interested .

Judging from what I know now, I agree with you. This is at the top of my list of projects - to research this (I'm going to do it without reading any other material first so I won't be biased in any way). F Franz, I believe, lied, or at best, was deceptive about this. Main issue is use of the Greek word transliterated "naos".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While many of us can answer from what we now understand about Jehovah's Witnesses, the question is begging for the pat JW answer for a Bible student. While I am sure there are exact quotes in WT literature that will explain it better (as that is the way to answer a Bible student), I no longer read such literature, but I can still give a good JW answer to such a question.

"If Jesus is perfect, why does he need the 144,000 to rule with him?"

"Jesus doesn't NEED them. His earthly ministry was establishing something completely new- a thousand year reign under his kingship that would bring all mankind back to perfection. To bring that about, attention was focused on the kind, caring, fully-understanding-of-humans type of rule that kingship would bring. While Jesus demonstrated, as a human, that he would rule in such a way, human confidence was bolstered even more by including humans who have been fully tested as to their loyalty in that kingship. Further, the 144,000 are described as pure or virginal in the Bible. This is to indicate that they were not part of Jesus army necessary to remove wicked mankind. No- these kings are not there to remove wickedness, but to fully aid loyal humans to the best kind of life they can have."

Do you see- just ramble something positive until you have the answer that most Bible students will be satisfied with.
    Today's JW's just don't measure up on these skills like they used to.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Not only this, the whole notion on which all religions are built makes no sense, is on cross-purpose. For example, the very purpose of religion (from religare, Latin, meaning REUNITE) is to reunite people with God. However, through the prayers and rituals they help the believers to seek MATERIAL benefits from God, thus reconnect them with materialism!

• Terry
    Terry

To gain power, to be special, to achieve importance is to separate yourself somehow from the majority

and by doing so, to become elite.

Being "anointed" is to become set apart for a special purpose.

In the Bible this is a plot device like Alfred Hitchcock's word "MacGuffin".

It is simply a way of driving the plot without having the burden of explaining WHY.

A shepherd boy has oil poured over his head and PREST-O CHANGE-O he is now the KING of Israel. Welcome to history, David.

In Christianity, the vagabond tribal teacher and healer JESUS isn't all that important unless you transform him into GOD. He is promoted

to the same level (or higher) than the man who is emperor of Rome (who is also declared god.)

The Governing Body used to be the governing body until 1972. Why the switch from lower case "g" "b" to upper case "G" "B"?

These men are now elite leaders rather than mere "slaves" who are "discreet."

If you aren't in the elite group "anointed" the Bible and its promised do NOT belong to you (they say.)

Jesus is NOT your mediator (they say.)

Who is?

THEY ARE!

The 144,000 IS A MACGUFFIN to make ordinary men really, really SPECIAL.

They get to be kings and you don't.

They get to be priests and you don't.

They get to judge you and you need to kiss their asses.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

The 144,000 was a special arrangement for Israel , they came from the twelve tribes and redeemed in the 1st century. But the oneness withthose who rule with Christ now is him in them and us so there is no seperation. The invitation to eat with Christ is extended to all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit