• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Sir82, you crack me up.

• losingit
    losingit

The whole FDS GB 144,000 thing never made any sense to me. EVER. lol

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

None of the 144k idea is true. When I stand back and look it does not make sence.

I will be interested how they change the understanding of the 144k as more time clicks br

10 years, 20 years.

More "New light" no doubt.

If God was behind this organization all info He gives them would be perfect. It's not, is it...

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

None of the 144k idea is true. When I stand back and look it does not make sence.

I will be interested how they change the understanding of the 144k as more time clicks br

10 years, 20 years.

More "New light" no doubt.

If God was behind this organization all info He gives them would be perfect. It's not, is it...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

marked.

• clarity
    clarity

Hey Tidalbitz ...just want to say welcome here to

jwn........hope you enjoy your stay!

clarity

• steve2
    steve2

Keep in mind that for its first 50-plus years, the organisation taught the number 144,000 was symbolic. It was only after Russell's death when Rutherford seized power of the organization and de-Russellized it, that the number was declared to be literal. This paved the way for 2 classes: Heavenly and earthly.

However, it has subsequently led to lots of questions, including surely there have been more that 144,000 Christians prior to the 20th century - so how come there are thousands (all JWs) who say they have the heavenly hope?

And, tellingly, in recent years, their very own Yearbooks report year-by-year increases in the number professing to have the heavenly hope.

Something doesn't add up about the organization's switch to viewing the 144,000 as a literal number - even though the number 144,000 only occurs in one book of the Bible (The book of Revelation) - itself a highly symbolic-laden piece of writing.

Given the power-mad circumstances of Rutherford grabbing the reigns of the organization, we should not be at all surprised that this hitherto symbolic number was changed overnight into a literal number.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The Watchtower Society teaches that humans are not capable of ruling themselves, but 144,000 imperfect humans are going to rule over mankind! Go figure.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

What sacrifices is the Modern Anointed (144,000) making now? The Twelve Apostles all died a martyr’s death, how is the Governing Body experiencing all the persecution Jesus said would happen to his true followers? Is their persecution felt through the efforts of incompetent JWs like Nancy Yueing? I read about her account in ISOCF and it's a fact, she was a idiot! There is nothing in Scriptures that tells you to disown your family so you can sit in a Chinese jail. The Chinese wanted her out of their Country and had not desire for her to rot in jail. On the other hand, it was the Watchtower enjoying their social experiment with Nancy's limited brain power, I do not like her now!

What good did she do, nothing, nada, zilch! Nancy Yueing is a hero to the unimformed brain dead JWs who don't respect family or God's Word, I have no respect for someone who can abandon her babies for no good reasons! She is no hero, she should have left China and moved when the Chinese police gave her many chance to "Shut up" and get out! The Watchtower owes her for a wasted life, so what persecution is the Governing Body encountering? Marvin's Blog hint's their persecution is running out of soft-serve ice-cream for lunch

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Revelation 20:4 does not say just 144,000 will get the rewards, it has no number. Happy are those who are at the first resurrection because there will be no second death! Now that is good enough to want to be apart of the first resurrection. Maybe that is why other churches have happier people!

What church would only want a few of their members to be a part of the first resurrection where the majority will be at the second resurrection. First resurrection,rewards, has no death.

That really is a messed up doctrine! And there is no bibical foundation to support WT doctrine.

How would anyone know if people were resurrected!

Unless your in a religion that makes up bull: Russell is channeling to the remaining GB meat at due season! Crazy! :-)

Anyhow,as far as I am concerned followers of Jesus are the bride and will be part of the first resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit