Pixar the production company is jealous of Caleb and Sophia video's

by life is to short 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

There was this DO on a flight from Virginia Beach to Belize that sat next to the CEO of a local company that specializes in manufacturing civilian and military-grade bomb shelters; when he witnessed the guy, he told him he was blown away by the JW's because, back in the 1940's his company had learned about the bomb shelter that the society had bult in Beth-Shan, and they were so impressed that they licenced the design from the WTS, signed by Rutherford himself, and that is still the state-of-the-art technology they're using to this day to build nuclear-proof bomb shelters.

...... see how long it will take until this TRUE story makes into a Regional Convention or a CO talk.

Eden

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for the laugh, LITS.

The CO probably believes the total BS story as it was passed on.

I have found many JW stories from the platform that were stolen from stories originally found in other religions. It never ceases to amaze me how I just accepted that Watchtower was just so wonderful.

We have armed border patrols in war zones that are supposed to prevent JW literature from getting in to their country basically having Holy Spirit turn their eyes for a moment. You might as well end stories like that with "These aren't the droids we're looking for." You have trucks loaded with food breaking down right at a quickbuild in a poor country, so they give/sell at reduced price to the workers right there.

I will make up my own story: SO the Pope is sitting next to a GB member on a plane (first class all the way) and really admires the Watchtower's way of sweeping the pedophile issue under the rug so much better than the Catholic Church. The Pope asks if he can send some cardinals to learn the Watchtower secrets on this. The GB member says "Sure" and 6 months later, there are 10 cardinals turning in their resignations and preparing for baptism at the Detroit International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Polish that up and make it less specific. You got yourself another great urban legend.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can just see it now, the brother that worked on these videos hears about the Pixar urban legend. So he decides to visit Pixar and brings along some of his WT work to show those that do the hirring to see if he can land a job, which in turn makes him look like a fool for beleiving the JW bull shit mill.

• tornapart
    tornapart

The JW guy on the plane must have been Andre'......

• life is to short
    life is to short

On the way out I loved your urban legend of the Pope being jealous of how the GB have been able to sweep the pedophiles under the rug. That is a story I would have way more of a chance of believing.

LITS

• Splash
    Splash

Among the 250+ awards won by Pixar are Grammy's, Golden globes, Acadamy awards, BAFTA's, and seven Oscars.

I guess WT have done much better.

Splash

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah but they ain't driving Jehovah's Chariot so the WT can do better with Jehovah/GB at the wheel.

• pixel
    pixel

Should I typed WTF or LMAO? These ppl are crazy!! its a cult!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is one of the best threads ever!

yep...next Pixar will be begging the GB to allow them to buy the rights to Caleb, and will all come into the truth! Hahaha

Typical witnesses will just eat up this crap!

Witnesses are actually caught in a trap. They are continually fed these elaborate stories and supposed accounts of "1 magazine found in a busstop that then brings 17 people into the truth" etc...

So they then feel compelled to furnish similar stories themselves!

We have a sister in our cong who is quite strange...and I have been witnessing with her. She always gives supposed experiences of "placing literature and people loving it etc"

But when I worked with her once, she literally pushed a crumpled mag into the hand of a guy who was SO not interested and was actually walking away from here saying 'no thankyou'. The next day at the meeting, she gave an experience in her answer about a "guy who was so keen to learn about Jehovah that he grabbed the magazine, and begged her to come back and teach his whole family more about 'the truth'" I sat there literally laughing out loud!

So my point is, the average witness has been indoctrinated by these sort of embellished fabricated stories for years!

It's so very sad.......it's all they have.....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That really is worthy of snopes urban legands.. The WTS is full of them, repeated by irresponsible men in positions of power, to be swalloed by the flock. Just like " The world is so respectful of our expert knowledge on blood that the Bethel reqularly gets requests from surgeons asking our advice on the subject" .....Yes right ! I don't think I believe that either.

Sadly this Organisation tells its readers to test and check claims that are made: (except when they make the claim)

Aw 1990 5/22 p14

An ancient proverb says: “Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15) So don’t fall for fallacies. Learn to differentiate between legitimate attacks on what is said and cheap attacks on personalities. Don’t be fooled by invalid appeals to “authority,” urgings to ‘join the crowd’, either/or reasoning, or gross oversimplifications—especially when something as vital as religious truth is involved. Check all the facts, or as the Bible puts it, “make sure of all things.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit