Pixar the production company is jealous of Caleb and Sophia video's

by life is to short 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

I don't want to believe this, because it's so ridiculous, but then again, I remember at a District Convention where a speaker said "Spielberg is making a major movie about Jehovah's Witnesses in concentration camps" some time after Schindler's List, so who knows what idiocy they state from the platform.

• sd-7
    sd-7

As many times as I've watched 'Monsters University', I can tell you that whoever made the Caleb/Sophia videos would probably not be fit to carry the mail of the kinds of talented folks working at Pixar. But hey, who knows? Maybe Caleb will be bought and it'll be all Caleb Meets the Avengers or something.

--sd-7

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut - "..so they then feel compelled to furnish similar stories themselves!"

Or play "telephone" with the original story.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Calebs Airplane - "I sat next to Donald Trump in First Class last week on a flight from London to New York and he said he was jealous of the Watchtower for being so successful in the real estate business."

That's...

...actually believable.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I have found many JW stories from the platform that were stolen from stories originally found in other religions. It never ceases to amaze me how I just accepted that Watchtower was just so wonderful.

There was a quite popular illustration in my area used to explain why it was difficult keeping your children "in the truth." A brother once mentioned it had originated from a CO's talk. Anyhow, the illustration was that a rock could be in a river for thousands of years, but if you cracked it open it was dry. Similarly, a child may have been raised in "the truth" but he/she may not have absorbed it.

Years after I had stopped going to meetings I watched Godfather III for the first time and lo and behold there was a scene featuring the future Pope conveying that same illustration to Michael Corleone almost word for word. Instead of "the truth" he used "christianity." Somehow an illustration from a rated-R movie made it's way onto the platforms of many a kingdom hall.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They're experts at cribbing... parables, creationism; you name it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Pixar's rendering of fur; amazing. Just amazing.

http://renderman.pixar.com/view/hair-and-fur

• ranmac
    ranmac

Wow. I just heard from a witness the other week that the brothers that do the Caleb videos were at a workshop/CGI semminar or something like that and people from Pixar came to check it out and told them that the Caleb videos were so good that the society is now considered competition.

Its official. We now have a new JW urban legend

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, and the people who work at the local sewage treatment plant are so impressed with the way JW's recycle crap, that they want to learn from the org!

• ranmac
    ranmac

Of course they do!

I smelt horse shit as soon as I heard it. Thought I'd check to see if the same stories on here and wouldn't you know, same story, different scenario and details!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit