Pixar the production company is jealous of Caleb and Sophia video's

by life is to short 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

So said the CO last night.

Apparently a JW was on a flight and just happend to sit next to some big wig from Pixar and when the man from Pixar heard that he was a JW the Pixar man just gushed over what great work that the Watchtower has done in producing the Caleb video's. He siad he only wished Pixar could do such great work. The CO said we are able to do it because we have free labor and Jehovah behind us.

My husband stayed home from the meeting but wanted to tie in by phone and that is what the CO said in his talk.

The CO also talked about all the changes that have happened in the last ten years and how if some of the friends did not like it they needed and to quote him "they just needed to get over it" these changes are going to happned period. Also some have been saying that some of the changes were to save money and that is not the case in the least.

It just made me sick to listen to and I know there are those of you who are going to put me down for listening to the meeting so bring it on and slam me for it. I listened and that is that. I am kind of stuck in the middle with my husband still believing and I want to know what is happening because it still affects me.

OK so now that, that is said, it just made me sick and my head hurts to know that everyone at the meeting was commenting saying how great the changes were and how happy they are for Jehovah speading up the work. The JW's who are in do not seem to be able to see the Wizard behind the curtain. And these are younger ones in the late 20's and 30's.

I am just speachless and I just do not get how anyone can fall for all of this.

LITS

Also for those who do not know Pixar is the one who made such movies as Toy story 1 and 2, Finding Nemo, Mosters Inc, UP, Cars, etc but they are jealous of the Cabeb video. Yeh right!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Wottaloadabollox. The Pixar guys probably have never seen the Caleb videos.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Buhahahahhhahah!! What a load of bullshit!

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I concur......... total load of horse feces.

Oh, and Life is to Short, there should not be anyone slamming you for where you are and what you have to do to maintain your marriage, etc. Don't sweat it.

• Londo111
  • jgnat
    jgnat

The WTS is standing on the heads of giants to be able to produce the Caleb videos so easily and cheaply.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Was the Bigwig flying coach or was the JW flying first class?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Another JW legend is born. For being a cult brainwashing tool aimed at children, the videos are fairly well made, but they are not exactly going to be the next Toy Story.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I thought this was a joke when I clicked on it...the fact that a DUB (a CO for that matter) even uttered these words is so unbelievably ridiculous. That's like saying that Robert DeNiro was a little jealous of the lead actor in the Drama this years. lol.

LITS, no worries...I can't believe you would worry about getting slammed for listening to a meeting. I am in the same boat as you! We all just do what we can. Thank you for posting this, it's always humerous to see just how delusional some JDUBS are.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'm not going to slam you. I like to keep up, too. I went to a part of the convention.

I'd love to know whether the Pixar incident really happened at all and if it did, how the conversation really went. JW stories like this one get exaggerated and embellished, that is, if the events described even happened at all. I'm not really up on Pixar stuff or the technology used, but I saw the Caleb video and was not impressed in the least with the animation. Why would Pixar be? To me, it seems that the technology is such that many could produce such work if they had the necessary tools (hardware? software?).

The CO also talked about all the changes that have happened in the last ten years and how if some of the friends did not like it they needed and to quote him "they just needed to get over it" these changes are going to happned period. Also some have been saying that some of the changes were to save money and that is not the case in the least.

The org and its reps always speak in such a manner when they have captive audiences who can't question or disagree with them. Why don't they ever have open forums (or "fora") that allow for questions and disagreement? That hotshot CO is a tough talker when he's up on that stage and knows nobody can challenge him. How would he and the org in general and the other hotshots fare if they were subjected to an honest questioning/challenging session with some of us on this site or if even they allowed JWs to openly express their thoughts, feelings, and doubts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit