Coloring book activity for kids: Lot's wife dying

by rebel8 33 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's so feckin sick, makes me wanna puke.

• steve2
    steve2

Sick coloring book based on a sick "holy" book. An apple never lands far from the tree.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Maybe I am the dumb one here (totally within the realm of possibility) but,............. I just noticed in the photo above from the My Book of Bible Stories (flood scene) that there are Mastodons on the last piece of dry ground about to drown in the flood? Sooooooo............ Mastodons were not worthy animals to have been saved on Noah's Ark? Only regular elephants, not the really big hairy ones?

Wait, um, err, am I to believe that humans and Mastodons lived together on earth at the same time?

Totally confused.

• Mum
    Mum

Darth the Sequel: Only 2 or 7 of each animal was taken aboard the ark, so 99.9999999-infinity percent of animals died, too. Animals are not inclined to "worship" anything, so maybe that's why. I think Billy the Ex-Behelite made an even stronger point about the animals aboard the ark. That is, how did kangaroos, koalas, platypuses and other marsupials get across the oceans and continents to be placed into that ark?

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Thanks, Mum. ;-) I should have been more obvious in my tongue-in-cheek remarks. Yes, there is so very little that adds up to any version of reality when it comes to the story of the flood.

Billy's points about the marsupials of the Australian continent are good ones. There are many others. For instance, how did giant Galapagos tortoises manage to crawl down Mt. Ararat and venture on over to some of the most remote islands in the world that happen to reside in the middle of the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Ecuador? Tortoises. Creatures the size of an ATV knew to migrate halfway around the world through oceans and continents to arrive in their paradise islands in the Pacific?

Or, how about the Tapirs. Large pig x rhino x hippo-like jungle animals that exited the ark and made a bee line trek through Mongolia, Russia, Siberia, the Aleutian Island, Alaska, Canada, United States, most of Mexico to arrive in their idilic jungle in central and south America? Oh! But wait!!! Some of those same Tapirs decided to not make the long journey with their families and so they detoured to Malaysia to settle in. But Tapirs are found in no other places on earth than the areas I already mentioned.

I could go on for days........

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

"Wait, um, err, am I to believe that humans and Mastodons lived together on earth at the same time?"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/10/pictures/111021-mastodon-bone-spear-north-american-clovis-hunting-science/

Also proof of hunting BEFORE Nimrod.

• sparky1
    sparky1

What is the most confusing holiday for Lot and his daughters?

FATHERS DAY!

Ooooppppps........it's a good thing faithful servants of Jehovah shun all holiday celebrations.

• tinker
    tinker

Hello, I have not posted here for years but the Coloring Book of Lots Wife has distrubed something in me. I saw it yesterday on FB so came here to see the discussion. I have been Out for over 10yrs and almost daily I am shocked by another WT revelation. This time the EXECUTION of Lots wife as a childs activity gave me a Flash Back to the first day I opened the Paradise Lost book when I was 7yrs old. That and the pictures of the Flood and Armageddon where burned into my mind. As I lay in bed last night I understood the impact those images have had on my entire life. I follwed to the letter the shunning of disfellowshiped ones, even relatives and close friends. I was 50yrs old before I became sensitive to the fact that my religion taught me not to care that 6 Billion people were to be Executed because they were not Jdubs.

Tears are rolling down my face now as I realise thousands of children rasied by Jdubs are looking at those images right now. More minds are being twisted and desensitized. So sad and makes my stomach turn.

Thanks for listening.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Tears are rolling down my face in sympathy for you dear Tinker. I too was reared on the PARADISE BOOK and can empathize with the impact it had on your sensitive and unformed child psyche. It was a great teaching ( I really mean torturing) tool for all the mentally, emotionally and spiritually unbalanced parents of our generation. So many innocent children raised with FEAR of 'Jehovah God' rather than LOVE for 'Jehovah God'.

• tinker
    tinker

so the Paradise Lost book was like a zillion years ago, they didn't know any better, child psychology and how images impress on young minds. But they go and do it over and over and now it's is a Coloring Book! We just turned the pages and these kids are traceing the image and filling in the colors and shading for more details. This one clearly shows a womens Face. Ours at least was just a blurry mound.

There must be a law, somewhere, this is child mental abuse. Form a committee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit