Coloring book activity for kids: Lot's wife dying

by rebel8 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lot and his daughters are properly turning away, in order to save their lives. Is it no wonder that families suppress their natural instincts and shun those closest to them, in a misguided belief that by doing so they are "saving" their loved-ones?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Lot was a sicko, who was probably thinking "oh goodie! Now that the old bag is dead, I can shag my daughters!"

yep, but the wt holds him up as an example to follow!

Ah...the twisted situation they put themselves in.......

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Lot's favorite TV sitcom: "All In The Family".

• jgnat
    jgnat

A most interesting anecdote I came across is that Lot was discredited in the Hebrew accounts, as his descendents are modern Arabs. Lot gets a much better historical treatment by the rival relatives.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think I messed mine up. I can't count past 20 because I quit school to pursue preaching the good news :(

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How about a connect the dots for the "Levite Concubine All Chopped Up Into 12 Pieces"(Judges 19:27-30)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their were 30 colouring book activities for kids on JW.Org 27 of them related to the O.T. Hebrew scriptures , only 3 related to the N.T. The christian Greek Scriptures and only 1 or was it 2 that had to do with Jesus.

And jehovahs Witnesses claim to be a christian religion ?

What are they indoctrinating their children with ?

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Next month's connect-the-dots project for children: David collecting 200 Philistine foreskins. Happy times for all

LOL

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Rebel8, nice take on connecting the dots over JW doctrines.

Regarding asking kids to connect the dots of the picture showing Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt, it "merely" shows that, judged by today's enlightened standards on human rights, the collection of tawdry books that are collectively called "the Bible", is one helluva hodge podge of magic, violence and bombastic utterances.

Which is worse: sanitizing through colors a woman turning into a pillar of salt (Harry Potter eat your magic-obsessed heart out) or the Jehovian order in the OT to his chosen people to obliterate every man, woman and child living in the Promised Land?

The amazing challenge for simpering Bible believers is finding any passage of length in that hodge-podge collection that upholds a respectful and supportive view of human kind. You'll be looking in vain through its ghastly, blood-soaked pages. "Holy" Bible indeed!

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

I never understood the whole "Lot got so drunk he had sex with his daughters." Either he was so drunk he couldn't get it up because he just passed out, or he knew exactly what he was doing and just lowered his inhibitions to do what he wanted to in the first place.

Maybe that's why JWs ban drinking any amount you can actually feel - if you understand what "drunk" feels like, you understand that "being drunk" doesn't work like they try to pretend that it did with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit