Commenting At The Meetings---Did You Enjoy It?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Only time I EVER answered was when I was teenager when it was pre-arranged by mother (of course) who thought it was about time I made a comment, first and last time.

• not bitter
    not bitter

I effing hated it.

• blondie
    blondie

The paragraph says

The article says

The Society says

• not bitter
    not bitter

OMG Blondie - I had forgotten that all answers started with one of those phrases

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, that's it!

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

During our family study I was required to pick three answers out of the article which I was to raise my hand to. I would write all the answers down in the margins. Speaking and giving talks would leave me frozen in fear, so I was forced to "read" my answers. I remember my heart pounding.

• badcompany
    badcompany

I remember a time, post '75 when a lot of things became a "matter of conscience". I was 18 and very much speaking my mind. The Watchtower conducter asked the question and I was the ONLY one with a hand up. He wouldn't call on me so I gave him the bleeping answer without the aid of a mic. Was on my way to the little room in the basement shortly thereafter.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

probably count on one hand the number of times i anwsered up at the kh, book study a bit more often. i hated i, no personel additions, all straight from the articule. i refused to annwer even when the conducter threatened to put me on the spot while i was on mic duties

• minimus
    minimus

I hated conducting the Wt. I always forgot people's names.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I liked commenting! I was a good little school kid, and did well in school. Answering a question or two at the meetings was easy. The correct answer was right above. It was easier than schoolwork. And, my mom always smiled when I did answer. Theocratic school was a breeze too. Everything was laid out for you. No thinking needed. But, door to door I HATED. Was scared that I'd see a schoolmate. And, then I realized that the lessons were very flawed. Not only did I not answer, I stopped attending at about 16 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit