Commenting At The Meetings---Did You Enjoy It?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I used to answer each meeting several times...

Then I woke up...

Now I answer only if I can throw in a thought to get others thinking, or an additional piece of information to make others look outside of the 'paragraph box'

Obviously, I got told off for "soapboxing"...

phhh!

• jam
    jam

stuckinaru2: I'm curious, how would you get someone to look outside

of the "paragraph box". Give us an example so others may use

your technique...How can one plant a few seeds without being told

off for "soapboxing" LOL

• prologos
    prologos

The question and answer method of "study" is wt's method of continual indoctrination, thought re-inforcement and free thinking comments are very disruptive to that process.

The elder's authority are totally based on these doctrines and that method of enforcement and they will CURB , shut up anyone to preserve their hold on the flock and per wt instructions.

these "studies" are like school, enjoyed only by bores and bullies. because

If you enjoyed commenting on your thoughts, you would be commenting only here.

• Ding
    Ding

I thought it was cute for kids under 10 because they got excited getting called on.

For anyone older, it was mindless recitation of what was in the paragraphs.

I wonder why it took me so long to realize that those sessions were cult indoctrination... reinforcing only the WT approved responses.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I love that there is such pressure to comment, yet those with restrictions usually include "no commenting" ????

• minimus
    minimus

No commenting is a terrible punishment.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would enjoy commenting if I could add substantially to the discussion. That means making a point that enhances the washtowel article but is not in the article (bonus: exposing the incompetence of those writing the answers). I never used the supplied illustration when asked to illustrate something, as I could always come up with a better one (again exposing the incompetence of whoever came up with those awful illustrations). I would dread it, however, if I could merely read the answers from the paragraph.

Now, I would enjoy giving a comment to the effect that Jesus is nothing more than the archetype of the perfect slave, and joke-hova needs us to follow that perfect example in order to feed off our souls, while enslaving us all. Or that Satan was trying to save us from joke-hova's tyranny. Or, that I intend to bring as many Demons into the place as I can find if I get forced to stay faithful to that slavedriver joke-hova.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I liked to comment when I could only use my own thoughts and not use material from the paragraph.

If it were a repeat of the paragraph, what was the point in commenting?

The problem I had was I could not keep it under 30 seconds, and I couldn't comment without people getting upset and thinking that I was too independent.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Jam...

well, I will usually say something like:

"while the paragraph is saying_______, we can discern that the principle from the scripture is_________"

or

"What the wt is not saying is __________"

or

"While the society is mentioning __________', we can look at Jesus example as found in ___________ for a greater principle to follow"

So I just throw comments like that out there to make the audience think outside of the box......

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I did enjoy the oddball comments from the more eccentric ones.

Oh yes... It was the audience that made a meeting lively, like a music gig really, an appreciative enthused audience is half the show.

I always enjoyed commenting. Simple really, if you are interested then you have something to say about it. As a one time conductor of many WT studies and Group Studies, you really needed the audience to get into it and comment. The last congo that I was in , I felt it was a battle with them. I kept thinking of that line in Rod Stewarts song " I Was Only Joking"...it went "Dumb blank faces stare back at me" ..They did just that ..

As for the family currently, the complaint is that their hands are too often passed over , with dark suspicion that the WT Conductor has an agenda to freeze them out. That is a simple but effective way of telling you that you are not popular !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit