Are they really that stupid

by moley 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I really wish people learned how to research......

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

OH, NONE OF THAT STUFF IS REAL. ITS BEEN PLACED THERE BY SATAN AND HIS DEMONS TO DECEIVE MANKIND INTO NOT BELEIVING IN CREATION.

Yes, JW's really are that stupid. Satan uses the smart demons to pull off this diabolical deception. The idiot demons are delgated to smurf and used furniture & nick-nack possession duty.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

moley: Dont get me wrong im not dissing them for not knowing what i was talking about, as it is very complex and many non jw friends have no idea,

It's not complex. Most middle school and certainly all high school Earth science textbooks talk about fossils from the Cambrian period. You just got a couple of ignorant JWs.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Not sure if there's been any "new light" on the matter, but as far back as ten years ago they taught the Earth was "thousands" of years old. In the years leading up to 1975, they taught that each creation day was 7,000 years old, so the Earth was less than 50,000 years old.

I think you're mistaken. They said that the creative days were 7000 years long, but that the creation of the heavens and earth came before the creative days. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". The creative days were after that. I think they say that the creative days were to prepare earth for man or something like that.

• Magnum
    Magnum

older sisters says OH, NONE OF THAT STUFF IS REAL. ITS BEEN PLACED THERE BY SATAN AND HIS DEMONS TO DECEIVE MANKIND INTO NOT BELEIVING IN CREATION.

Well, if that's the way it works, then we can't trust any of the physical evidence because it's been tampered with. We don't know what's genuine and what's not; we don't know who placed what here and for what reason.

She has already determined what truth is and any evidence against her truth is determined by her to be planted. It's like going to court having already determined that the accused is guilty and accepting only evidence indicating his guilt while saying that any that might indicate his innocence was planted. Why even go to court if that's the way it works? Just hang him.

If she wants to play that game, then it shouldn't be allowed for her to use the part of the physical evidence she wants to, but whatever you use is said to be fake. How do we know hers isn't fake? How do we know that some superhuman creature didn't plant the evidence she refers to to deceive us and make us believe in a fairy-tale creator?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

It's true. Satan strategically placed fossils around the world to make us believe that dinosaurs existed.

• Listener
    Listener

I've taken up cantleave's challenge and done some research regarding Magnum's point.

W 2007 2/1 states this whilst bashing the 100 minute bible

Aside from the omission of the divine name, Jehovah, a number of other deviations will be noted by serious Bible students. (Psalm 83:18) For example, section 1 states that God “created heaven and earth over a period of six days.” Genesis 1:1, however, simply says: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” After that, the original account describes further acts of creation involving the earth, lasting six “days,” or periods of time. Then, Genesis 2:4 sums up the entire period of creation, calling it “the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.”

This is from the Creation book

The first part of Genesis indicates that the earth could have existed for billions of years before the first Genesis “day,” though it does not say for how long.

• Magnum
    Magnum

started to veer to how wonderful nature was and how this was the work of a wonderful creator

I bet she doesn't understand nature the way I do. While I agree that there is wonder in it, it is also cold, horrible, brutal, and cruel. It's all about survival. I once asked my mother why she believes in a loving creator. She used the example of an orchid. She said something like "when I see a beautiful orchid, I know there is a creator." I said "do you know why that orchid is "beautiful"? It's because it's screaming at the top of its "lungs" for survival. It's competing with many other plants for the attention of insects to pollinate its kind. If orchids don't get pollinated, the genes don't get passed on; the species dies. Flowers have loud colors to attract insects. We might perceive such as being beautiful, but the one who understands basic biology knows the exhibition of loud colors, etc. is a desperate scream for survival; there's nothing "beautiful" about it."

Also, nature is sheer horror. Consider what goes on on the plains of Africa on one single day - sheer brutal horror. The moment a baby wildebeest is born, he has to get right on his feet and remain ever cautious and fearful. There's no gracefully growing old in nature; when an animal gets old and weak, that's it, he dies a gruesome, often violent death - no golden years.

To me, anybody who doesn't see the horror in nature is either naive and ignorant or dishonest - selectively choosing only evidence that supports his argument and ignoring the rest.

• jws
    jws

I have a friend I recently talked to. I talked about astronomers being able to look in to space and see light coming from billions of light years away. So if the light has been travelling that long, the universe can't be measured in the thousands.

He said God probably accellerated the light. I almost laughed. Some people blame it on Satan, others say God did it.

So God did this? So God is purposely tricking people? And what if people don't believe in him because they see these things and decide his book is BS? If there is a God, will he forgive them for being stumbled by him?

All the trouble and crazy ideas they come up with to fit that square peg into a round hole.

• jws
    jws

Listener quoted from the Creation book:

The first part of Genesis indicates that the earth could have existed for billions of years before the first Genesis “day,” though it does not say for how long.

My friend tried to tell me this too. But, if you live by the Bible, you've got to die by the Bible too.

Exodus 20:11 - For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Exodus doesn't say the earth was around before the first day of Genesis. It includes it in the 6 days of creation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit