Are they really that stupid

by moley 30 Replies latest jw friends

• AnneB
    AnneB

Not stupid, but ignorant. There is hope.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ah, the marvels of creation... like the mosquito.

About 3500 different species, each species an individual and unique testament to efficient design. With many of theses species sucking the blood of man and animals, consequently spreading an equally marvelous variety of divinely designed diseases.

Can't we be greatful that the loving creator placed all these mosquitoes and diseases in the Garden of Eden?

Can't we also be greatful that god instructed Noah to save all these species and diseases aboard the ark?

The only correct answer for a JW is to respond "yes" to both questions! And that's really stupid.

• Magnum
    Magnum

AnneB: Not stupid, but ignorant. There is hope.

I really think the majority are both stupid and ignorant, and I see little hope. They are blind to reason.

• Magnum
    Magnum

in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Exodus doesn't say the earth was around before the first day of Genesis. It includes it in the 6 days of creation.

Your point about what Exodus says is worth consideration, however, we're not arguing the issue here; we're merely relating what JWs teach, and they say that the creation of the heavens and earth is separate from the six creative days.

I've about given up on trying to determine what truth is from the Bible. It's not well-written, it's inconsistent, it's ambiguous, etc.

• jws
    jws

Magnum wrote:

I've about given up on trying to determine what truth is from the Bible. It's not well-written, it's inconsistent, it's ambiguous, etc.

Exactly my point. It is inconsistent. And even when they try to wiggle around and justify the crazier aspects, there's other verses that blow their theories out of the water.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i believe that Almighty God created every thing in 7 days---because it says so in his word--the bible.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You are lucky Moley. I would love to meet some drones. I would take it as a personal quest to give them a run for their money.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Those sneaky demons lead by that naughty red fellow satan. I may have replied to that with - for sure and the earth is flat and sits on the back of 4 elephants standing on the back of a turtle.

• sir82
    sir82

NONE OF THAT STUFF IS REAL. ITS BEEN PLACED THERE BY SATAN AND HIS DEMONS TO DECEIVE MANKIND INTO NOT BELEIVING IN CREATION.

This is not unique to JWs. There are countless millions of non-JW fundies who believe this too.

Some of them post on this board.

Over.

And.

Over.

And.

Over.

And.

Over.

Again.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS separates the earth pre-life, just rock from

The earth being prepared for life and creation of life

*** yp2 chap. 36 pp. 300-301 How Can I Defend My Belief in God? ***

Still, to defend your belief in creation, you need to know what the Bible really teaches on the subject. There’s no need to make an issue over things that the Bible doesn’t directly comment on. Consider a few examples.

My science textbook says that the earth and the solar system have been in existence for billions of years. The Bible says that the earth and the rest of the universe were in existence before the first creative day. Thus, the earth and the solar system may well be billions of years old.—Genesis 1:1.

*** w94 9/1 p. 6 Science, Religion, and the Search for Truth ***

But what does the Bible really say? “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) The time involved is not specified. The “first day” of creation is not even mentioned until Genesis 1:3-5. “The heavens and the earth” already existed when this first “day” began. Therefore, could the heavens and the earth be billions of years old, as scientists claim? They may very well be. The Bible simply does not specify the time covered.

*** g83 3/22 p. 13 Evolution, Creation, or Creationism—Which Do You Believe? ***

The first verse of Genesis simply says, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” If we take this to mean the creation of the starry heavens, the galaxies, and the solar system of which the earth is a part, we are talking about events that preceded the first creative day. The description of the earth’s condition in verse 2 also precedes the first day. Not until verses 3 to 5 do we enter upon the activity of the first day of creation.

So no matter how long the days might prove to be, verses 1 and 2 describe things already accomplished, and they fall outside any time frame encompassing the creative days. If geologists want to say that the earth is 4 billion years old, or astronomers want to make the universe 20 billion years old, the Bible student has no quarrel with them. The Bible simply does not indicate the time of those events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit