Would JWs Really Drink The Kool Aid?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Only the grape stuff. The cherry could easily get mixed up with blood.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

No. I really doubt that most people would do that. The wack jobs that think they are annointed and special will do it so that they can get their "reward" quicker.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I thought about this question and changed my response several times. At first, I thought no way, the majority would NOT drink the literal kool aid because they organization has said they would "never" ask the brothers to do something that would endanger them.... Then, I realized that the organization has already asked their followers to do things that endanger their lives....aka...blood doctrine. So...Yes, I believe that more than you can imagine would drink the kool-aid, I think more would reject it based on flavor than outcome...

"Grape? All you have is grape?"

• bennyk
    bennyk

[old post 13.05.2010]

It is not a likely scenario. However, purely as idle musing...

What is published in The Watchtower is viewed by many Witnesses as the very words of Almighty God. The directives of the Governing Body are viewed as "Law" by many/most Elders. The Society has been very adroitly conditioning its followers to accept its interpretations unhesitatingly. Those who are viewed as "strong" Witnesses are those who question nothing.

The Society would first need to prune the Witness ranks of people who would vocalize their doubts regarding the Society's teachings and directives. The silly interpretation of the "Generation" would be followed by other such nonsense designed to remove independent thinkers. The Society would also need to pare the number of "weak" (nominal) Witnesses who could derail the scheme by their reluctance to follow the Society's every command.

The remaining Witnesses would be conditioned over a period of time to accept the idea that faithful death is preferable to life in "Satan's System of Things." Watchtower articles would revisit such scriptures as Psalms 116:15 ("Precious in the eyes of Jehovah is the death of his loyal ones.") and Luke 9:24 ("For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for my sake is the one who will save it.")

Then, when extreme world conditions warrant it (war, pestilence, famine), an announcement would be made that all Witnesses (and only Witnesses -- the Faithful--) would be meeting on a specific day for a most special declaration of New Light from the Governing Body.

On that day, the CoBE would read an official letter from the Society stating that 'the Faithful Slave now understands that the Great Crowd's coming out of the Great Tribulation (Rev. 7:14) will occur today!!! The New Light given by Jehovah is that the "New Heavens and New Earth" of Revelation 21:1 are literal and already existing, and that Jehovah's people will be spared the evil coming upon the entire inhabited earth by being "transferred" as was Enoch. "And Enoch was no more, for God took him."!!! (Gen. 6:24).

Game over.

My speculation (based solely on my relatives and the people in the congregation I last attended): 20% of current Witnesses would drink...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

@keyzersoze:

"Only the grape stuff. The cherry could easily get mixed up with blood."

NICE

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I would say about 50%

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Wow, I was asking a friend at one of those "Single meets" websites and asked the same question. I think a large portion would drink it, what a trip, what do you think?

• minimus
    minimus

30 percent would kill themselves. That's it.

• label licker
    label licker

When I watched my parents let my brother die at the tender age of elleven, I was ten, it was like being in the twilight zone. For days after he died, they blamed each other but not the society. I feel that same feeling now. It sickens me that if it came down to it, JW followers might not kill themselves but most definitely kill others.

JW.Org says they are Jehovah's mouth piece. They tell their followers to listen, obey and be blessed(reward). They say from a human strategic standpoint it might not sound logical, but listen to them! Is murdering others logical?

If they say the great tribulation is going to start and for every member to help Christ and his brothers (annointed, hence everyone is now allowed to partake and also hurry everyone to get baptised to be their followers) to go out and slaughter everyone who is not a JW, especially apostates, you bet they will do it. Being annointed gives them a license to kill. Remember in their one article where they stated if it weren't for the law of the land and god's law, they would kill apostates?

And since they are so arrogant as to think they are Jehovah's mouthpiece, they are saying they are him. They have rewritten the bible numerous times to agree with their ever changing doctrine. What would stop them from telling their followers that the great tribulation has begun and now the world is being run by them. Wasn't that their last tract they handed out for the regional conventions - A world government????? Who is qualified to rule? Earths new ruler, who is qualified to rule the earth? You bet something big is coming.

• dazed but not confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit