Would JWs Really Drink The Kool Aid?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If push came to shove and it was a showdown for loyalty to the Organization or not following whatever decrees coming heir way, what percentage would remain loyal to the Organization?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I have 5 close family members still JWS. This is a subject that I have given many hours of thought too. I know 2 will follow thru to death (like Jim Jones). I have 3 who I believe will go to the edge and suddenly make a u turn.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/would-you-take-the-pill-a-simple-facebook-test-has-shocking-results

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

According to a poll (with a pretty small sample set) on jwsurvey.org, something like half admitted in advance that they would drink the koolaid. Something tells me that the koolaid would be accompanied by some slick words to convince folks on the fence, so I suspect that it could be much higher than that. Especially when you consider that the ones answering questions on facebook aimed at JWs are probably already somewhat "spiritually weak" since they're disregarding the societies view on talking to people you don't know online.

Here's the link:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/would-you-take-the-pill-a-simple-facebook-test-has-shocking-results

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

At the moment..

Will JW`s do Anything Demanded by the WBT$,that will Get Them killed?..

ABSOLUTELY YES!!..

JW Chidren are Taught to Die for Jehovah/WBT$..

All JW`s,Anticipate Dying for Jehovah/WBT$..

It`s Part of Everyday JW Life..

...................................................................................................................................HE LEFT HIS ESTATE..

.......DRINK THIS FOR JEHOVAH!............................................................................TO THE WBT$!!.........LOL!!..

............................................... photo mutley-ani1.gifOUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Only the "spiritually mature" ones would.

All of Jehovah's Witnesses must "be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from an objective or human standpoint or not.” - The Watchtower, November 15, 2013, p. 20, para. 17.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

John Cedar's poll asked if they would swallow an unknown pill. I guess that they would since they would be confident that "Jehovah's Organization" would not wish them harm... Now if they were really told that they were going to die and wait a ressurrection, what would be the result?

Certainly some would do it, especially the oldies who expect to die soon anyway. As for the young ones? again some would especially the unbalanced and emotional - but an awful lot would smell a rat and demand more info, knowing that it was opposite to the Scriptures.

Certainly my family would never swallow it!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think there are quite a number of JWs who are still there for convenience, family, friends, networking, socializing, etc. Any of us who still are even just "fringe" members know that there is lots of quiet whispering about the recent changes such as the "overlapping generations" and the new F&DS = GB stuff. Add on top of that the money grab (although anyone beyond and elder who really knows the real scoop on that is lurking here). Many who dare not utter anything outloud or in public are murmurring about this things but afraid to "rock the boat".

These doubters are NOT going to follow through with putting themselves in harms way. No one is letting their child die by refusing blood transfusions anymore as the Liason Committee is advising them to let the Courts issue judgements to give the blood. Everyone is soft. Most are just playing along and of course, keeping one foot in the door ------------- just in case the WTS does have it right. I mean...........it's gonna come someday......right?

Doc

• Mikado
    Mikado

all my family would, not a shadow of a doubt

• BU2B
    BU2B

They already do.. The blood doctrine has already killed many times over what The Peoples Temple, The Branch Davidians and Heavens Gate did.. They swallow illogical, shallow, false doctrines and are prepared to let their small children die for someting obviously un-Christian to most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit