Who Really Profits from the WTBTS?

by Freedom77 40 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well maybe with the Nonprofit Revitalization Act, and a audit we might get some transparency with the WT Corporation's money flow and see any special interest that were not before known? I hope.

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

Appreciate all the comments, folks. But I'm just afraid those of you who say that nobody's making a personal profit, all the money goes to support those expensive overseas branches and bethels, and the fact that most individual JW's drive shabby little cars and dwell in shabby little houses is some kind of proof that BILLIONS of tax-free dollars aren't going into somebody's pocket - well, if you think that way, you're either still drinking the kool-aid or are just terminally naive.

Look at what the original FDS and Chief Liar/Scammer/Jellyfish was pulling a hundred years ago - and this btw was just ONE of his many, many scams:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/281461/1/The-Complete-Scammers-Guide-by-Pastor-Russell-New-Light#.U8ZGes9OX3g

Nowadays, the possibilities for incredibly complex, deeply hidden frauds is bigger by several orders of magnitude - do you all recall the revelations about high finance and all the convoluted schemes that came to light just five or so years ago with Lehman Bros./Fannie Mae/Freddy Mac, and so many other big banks and corporations? You really think the holy, humble brothers in Brooklyn are above all that?

Please. I'll bet there's massive corruption somewere at the top of the Borg - money laundering, kickbacks, something, I dunno what the myriad of possibilities might be - but it's way way too much money for greedy human nature to ignore - all of it HIDDEN and UNACCOUNTABLE to anyone beyond the GB. That's all the reason needed to suspect something very dark and very ugly is going on.

Somebody above in this thread said the WTBTS probably has no more money that other religions of similar size - problem with that thought - most all those other religions publish their financial statements, which are regularly audited by outside firms - they are transparent and accountable to their devotees.

But since the WT is considered a "religion" not a business - hahaha - I'm afraid most governments are just not going to get involved investigating their fraud unless and until somebody gets caught red-handed breaking the laws - and the GB has plenty of high-powered JW and non-JW lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors to ensure that their doings fly under the radar.

But everybody makes a mistake sooner or later - in the case of this wicked, lying, bloodsucking cult, I sure hope it's sooner.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Freedom77... agreed.

• apostrate
    apostrate

About 20 years ago I worked at a major printshop chain. The owner told us at a meeting one time that, not only his company but any company, whether it is a printshop or some other industry, is doing very, very good if it makes a profit of 5 cents on the dollar. I recently checked out those statistics on the internet and it still seems to hold true today.

And what is the biggest expense that a company, any company has? Labor! You have to pay your employees! Unless of course you are the Watchtower. They do NOT pay their employees! Oh yeah, excuse me, I understand that some of those at Bethel get $15 a MONTH! Wow! Must be quite a burden! Don't spend it all in one place.

And the employees of the WT are considered volunteers (volunteers who are repeatedly told that they will DIE at the hands of Jehovah God if they do not become slaves to the organization). They pay the org for their work materials (magazines, books, etc) in the form of DONATIONS. Then they go out and "place" the literature and still give whatever money they receive to the org. Actually, as I write this, it seems that I'm describing the relationship between a prostitute and her pimp!

The JW's pay for their own gas, their own transportation, EVERYTHING! The Society is not out any money at all!!! Even repairs done to the Kingdom Halls are done through volunteers, usually.

I would imagine that if the truth be known (pun intended) WT is making in excess of 100% profit.

Any money that the Society is out, for anything, is only money that they have taken in from the sheep!

What they are doing with all that money is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if they are buying popcorn with it! Their manner of obtaining their money is a crime!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Freedom77 - "Who really profits from the WTBTS?"

The WTBTS itself, in its continued survival.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really think the Watchtower isn't in a great a shape as some would like to suggest, in that they billions on top of billions to weather this rather recent bunch of lawsuits.

I think profitablity in their currant finacial situtation is not so great requiring the GB to deviate extencively from previous programs of making money, now they are using all the authority they have and requiring a plegde from every lackey and what ever it takes to remain solvent bottom line(with the exclusion of course giving up their Faithful and Discrete Slave of God Delusion).

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

FWIW, a little update: the page below at the "Christian Witnesses" site is pretty messy, but if you scroll down (or use the CTRL+F search feature) there's some info about the GB's luxury apartments "like high-end condos," with maid service of course, luxury cars, Rolex watches, and "green handshakes." I dunno how reliable the information is, but I figured the GB must be living very well - much better than their browbeaten, downtrodden, blue-collar slaves in Bethel and at all the Kingdom Halls around the world.

http://masonemerson.freeyellow.com/christianwitnessescom/id97.html

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Um, anyone who lives at Bethel has "maid service".

• fulano
    fulano

@ Freedom....everybody who worked at branches, missionary-homes, NY and Patterson, like myself, would say the same: don't make yourself ridiculous on this forum, please.

There are no high-end condos, luxury cars ( unless you consider a Chevy, Buick or other US brand luxury, no offense), and what is a 3 or 4 grand Rolex?

Every organisation Needs cars, they are not for the GB, stop your fetisj, they are for transportation, they transported me and my wife when we needed medical help in Patterson, we were brought by a driver in one of your luxury american piece of 15000 dollar s...

If you really think the society is doing this, it tells more about yourself and your life.....

Your fairy-tales don't exist!!!! You are telling things without the slightest knowledge nor experience...blablabla

• sir82
    sir82

making in excess of 100% profit.

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Counterfeiting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit