What is the "new" date JWs are "hinting" at for Armaggeddon?

by booker-t 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

It must be very near...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh yeah, 2034. You are correct when you say that it must not be revealed too soon. Those oldsters could be sitting on some fat cash or real estate. If they become disheartened before they die, the WTBTS gets nothing. That 2034 light is a good 10-15 years out. Until then, it's SOON!!!

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just a side point, do you know how many movies I believed I would never get to see because of the BIG A?!?!? Every damn year, for decades it was, " Oh man, such and such is coming out!! Will I get to see it?!?! Or, will this old system be gone?!?!" LOL!!! Come on TMNT!! Even if Michael Bay ruins you like the Transformers, I still want to see it!! It just means one more year of false prophesy for the WTBTS!!!

DD [ seriously Michael Bay, you effed up transformers. It's bad enough that the WTBTS stole my youth, now you stole the transformers. YOU SUCK. ( pun intended). Please stop making movies.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

If I were the GB I would hint at October 2034 as the end. They can spin the Noah preaching 120 years before the deluge blah, blah, blah. They can keep 1914 and the over-lapping generation. They can create urgency to get their new HQ build sooner. Older ones can be talked into leaving their estates to the Watchtower to help complete the greatest witnessing work ever blah, blah, blah. It would give them somethng to rally around for now. They would really get a bump in membership 4 years before 2034 like they did with 1975. Lot's of positives in a Doomsday cult having a doomsday date. Of course when 2035 comes they can always come up with "new light" while they are laughing all the way to the bank.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are such a-holes....

DD

• Focus
    Focus

If I were the GB I would hint at October 2034 as the end.

... certainly not to start hinting that before 2025.

Else it is "too far ahead" to provide the fear-based stimulus for the necessary membership boost.

AlphaMan, be happy that you are nowhere as deceptive and perverted as those Spiritual-Rapists and Spiritual-Pedophiles who sit on the Governing Body.

__

Focus

("Sue the G.B.!" Class)

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

AlphaMan, be happy that you are nowhere as deceptive and perverted as those Spiritual-Rapists and Spiritual-Pedophiles who sit on the Governing Body.

Kiss my ass you asshole!!! I'm not deceptive or perverted AT ALL asswipe!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I believe that FOCUS was being a tad sarcastic, Alpha.

DD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They could use 2034 as a date, but you can't set it too far out, it say 15 years at the very most. Like Focus mentions, 10 years would give them maximum value in that they could probably stem the tide of those leaving significantly, and bring back some brainwashed inactives who get scared back in by relatives.

What they wouldn't get is a boost in recruiting from the outside world like they did in 75. Non witnesses can't be fooled easily now that the Debil's internet is here.

• Focus
    Focus

Now, now!

If someone says I am ever "dishonest", or have taken the intellectual work of others and passed it off as my own, they would require the very harshest censure, for the accusation would be quite false.

But for referring to me as an "asshole" or similar, I feel AlphaMan deserves commendation for his accuracy.

The late Brother Farkel, one of the major-league (self-classified) assholes of the Apostate Movement, conferred upon me, on H2O and again on the then JWD, the title of the "Very Worst Asshole" of the lot of them.

So, DATA-DOG, I must reluctantly deliver to you... a WHACK!

And I reiterate that I find AlphaMan somewhat less degenerate and corrupted than the G.B.

__

Focus

("Wink" Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit