Ironic quote in the 5/14wt lesson "Are you moving ahead with Jehovahs Organization"

by BU2B 42 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Oubliette: All alleged "forward motion" among JWs is completely illusory. They change doctrines periodically to perpetuate the illusion of motion, forward or otherwise

In WT methodology, going full circle is progress. Look at how many doctrines WT has accepted as "truth", then completely abandoned as false when it gets "new light", then this same doctrine is once again accepted as truth. One big time-wasting, idiotic loop that ended up exactly where WT started- yet it's all spun as "progress" and "keeping up with God's organization".

Frankly, in order to "keep up" with WT, all a JW has to do is stand in one place....give it time: eventually WT will come back to its starting point, and the JW didn't have to expend any effort whatsoever except twiddle his thumbs while he watches WT run circles.

• SAHS
    SAHS

To “BU2B”: Now that is a most stellar and poignant post if I ever saw one! It can’t really get any clearer or more obvious than that to cause any normal, thinking person to wake up and realize that the WTS is nothing but “human reasoning” – and completely flawed “reasoning” at that!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Bumping for today's lesson

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for the btt BU2B. I had looked at this and marked most of the same paragraphs for comment.

The whole thrust of it these days is change, progress , keeping up with the slick techno marketing operation..it is get an Ipad or be out of it! Read God's word (if you have the app for it, that is) as Bob Dylan sings :

"Come gather 'round people Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon You'll be drenched to the bone.
    If your time to you Is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin' Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'."

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Par 5: "Regarding Armageddon, Bible prophecy states: "'Jehovah has a controversy with the nations. He will personally pass judgement on all humans."

Really?

John 5:22: "For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son"
    Rev 19:11: "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness." (JWs accept that the one seatedd on the white horse is Christ)

Par 7: "For example, in a recent ten-year period--during the service years of 2003 through 2013--more than 2,707,000 individuals were baptized i symbol of their dedication to God."

While this may be true, here's a comment for anyone who wishes to make it:

According to the Yearbooks, in 2003, there was a peak of 6,429,351 publishers, and in 2012, the peak was 7,782,346 publishers. Simple math tells us that this was an increase of 1,352,995 publishers. So, while 2,707,000 were baptized, if we subtract the number of the increase from the number of those baptized, we get the number who either died, were disfellowshipped, disassociated or otherwise left God's organization. That amounts to 1,354,005 people.

If you're brave, you can add: "It's scary to see more that are no longer part of the organization than who became part of the organization in that ten-year period of time."

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Par 14: Pryce Hughes life story was in the April 1, 1963 WT. He was Vice-President of the International Bible Students Association. He died in 1978.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Par 16: "With the help of Paul's letter to the Hebrews, howwever, they accepted the fact that they had been sanctfied, not by means of sacrifices "offered according to the Law," but "through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.""

For the brave, you can comment: "Today, we too are sanctified through this same offering of the body of Christ, as it says, "once for all time". If we make sacrifices today in the kingdom preaching work, it is because we want to, not because we will be sanctified by means of them."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is very true:

"It's frustrating and sad because this means no amount of actual fact, no amount of absurdity will get through to those fully indoctrinated. A person MUST be willing to disagree with the GB, the org, to feel some sense of indepenant thinking to be able to actually THINK."

DD

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

P.S. Sorry for repeating some of what was in the OP. I was just typing as I was "studying" my lesson. I re-read the OP and realized I repeated some things. But, I think maybe they bear repeating for those of us who have to sit through this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit