God Says Scripture is Enough

by Perry 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ cofty: Pauline Christianity is built on the bedrock of self-loathing.

That's why Perry and similar Fundies like it....

• Perry
    Perry

Christianity is built upon one simple unalterable FACT. There is judgment after death. Whether we are condemned or not is up to us, in what we do with Jesus. .

"Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” - Acts 10

• jws
    jws

So all I have to do is write a book and say it is inspired by God and God told me what to say and everybody will believe it? And swallow everything I write.

And if anybody says it's not true, all I have to do is point to the part where it says it was inspired by God. And that'll shut them up.

Fascinating!

• Viviane
    Viviane

Christianity is built upon one simple unalterable FACT. There is judgment after death. Whether we are condemned or not is up to us, in what we do with Jesus. .

Ah, well, then it should be easy to demonstrate that fact. I await your evidence.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

That's a very artful dodge of the issues. Out of one side of your face you say Paul (a Jew) was a con artist because of his beliefs about sin (something discussed all through the OT). While on the otherside of your face you claim there is no such thing as sin, when you, all the while still believe the world needs saving.

If you believe there is no sin, or God and we are just dust in the wind, why are you trying so hard to save the world? Why is the messiah complex so common among those who believe in "humanism"?

Just for the record, actualy there were/are a number Jewish schools of thought regarding personnal accountability, Hillel, Shammai, Akiva, Jesus and Paul just to name a few, of course they would be very different.

• designs
    designs

Lemme splane u

Couple of issues- 1.Paul was a con artist because his version of the messiah needs Original Ancestral inherited Sin to work. That is not a Jewish belief. Its Paul's 'Freddieism'. 2. There is no such thing as 'sin' in any real sense, its a human invention based on there needing to be a real Adam and Eve, a real Garden of Eden, a real talking snake and a fruity sacred yum yum tree. Now let's all repeat together- There is no Adam and Eve!!! The human species is goes way back in time. 3. Why try hard to save the world/planet, because this is our home, we should want to take great care of our home. We should work to have our fresh water rivers and lakes as pollution free as possible and our oceans healthy for all the life they support. We should want our future generations to have as prestine an earth to inherit as we can through our collective and individual efforts to give to them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Where does God say scripture is enough? One cannot quote the Bible to bolster the Bible. As far as Christian literature, a small part of the world, there are more impressive writings outside the Bible. One cannot conclude that God stopped power to his followers after a date certain. He works today.Thomas Merton, C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L'Engle are only a few examples of literature that moves Christians.

A middle road may be traveled. As I age, the Catholic view of tradition appeals to me. I am not choosing any particular way. God did not write the Bible.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

design

1.Paul was a con artist because his version of the messiah needs Original Ancestral inherited Sin to work. That is not a Jewish belief.

The problem you have is Most ALL Jews believe in sin.

From the Exodus

Exodus 34:4 So Moses cut two tablets of stone like the first. And he rose early in the morning and went up on Mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand two tablets of stone. 5 The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 6 The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 7 keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the childrenand the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation." 8 And Moses quickly bowed his head toward the earth and worshiped. 9 And he said, "If now I have found favor in your sight, O Lord, please let the Lord go in the midst of us, for it is a stiff-necked people, and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for your inheritance."

How can you say that's not Jewish?

• designs
    designs

You need to seperate the two ideas. Have you spoken with a Rabbi.

We are so accustomed to reading the Jewish Bible through the lens of Paul and the Books of Romans, Galatians and Hebrews that it really messes with our understanding of Judaism.

The analogy I like is understanding early christianity through the lens of Fred Franz, maybe that will help in seeing what is going on.

Simply put Paul was fucking with the minds of the Gentiles, he presented a version of Judaism that really didn't exist (Romans 1-12 is proof). From that faulty premise he built Christianity.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I can leap tall buildings in a single bound, tear a phone book in half with my bare hands and turn lead into gold. I wrote a book about all my talents.

If you want proof that what I'm saying is true ("unalterable facts" you might say), just read my book...it's all in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit