God Says Scripture is Enough

by Perry 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

From the 2013 New World Translation 2 Tim. 3:16 -

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

As JW's we must have read that scripture a thousand times. Oh, we understood it alright. But it went in one ear and right out the other. The bible says that it can make a person fully competent, fully equipped, lacking nothing. The KJV says it will make a person "perfect" meaning whole, or lacking nothing at all.

How many times did we read this scripture and then turn right around and continue reading a WT bible study aid? Why did we feel compelled to study a bible study AID when the bible is what will make a person complete?

Why did we feel compelled to give over our eternal destiny to a publishing company; who hijacked the term "Truth", in place of God's Word, and presented themselves as what is needed in order for a person to be complete.

The simple and embarrassing reason is that even though we understood 2 Timothy 3: 16, we didn't believe it.

• sporece
    sporece

Brainwashed to believe that " Mother" was needed to be competent and fully equipped.

"Mother" said jump we asked how high!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why did we feel compelled to give over our eternal destiny to a publishing company; who hijacked the term "Truth", in place of God's Word,

and presented themselves as what is needed in order for a person to be complete.

I`m Agnostic but I still know "Who",not "What" the "Word of God Is"..

The Word of God isn`t the Bible..It`s a Person..

John 1:1 - The Word was with God..
    John 1:14 - The Word became flesh..
    Revelation 19:13 - And he has a name, The Word of God..

.................................It`s in the Bible!..

..........................."The Word became Flesh"

...............................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Perry
    Perry

"Mother" said jump we asked how high!!

Yes, if salvation was a matter of jumping, JW's would be at the front of the line. It is not however.

John 6:28, 29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe..

• designs
    designs

Perry- you aren't saved, you aren't even a sinner. Human, now that suits you and everyone else. :D

• Perry
    Perry

Oh I am a sinner alright. When we all tell ourselves that we aren't going to do something anymore that we know isn't right, but then turn around and do it anyway, ...that's sin operating and not my own will. Most people spend a life trying to make room for the reality of sin through duplicity, a seared conscious and do-gooder compensations. God deals with sin completely differently.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

that's sin operating and not my own will.

Bullshit, that's you making excuses for your poor behaviour. Accept responsibility for what you do and make the effort to be a better person.

• designs
    designs

Sin is an invention which has to begin with the other invention- Adam and Eve.

Can you seriously look your kids in the eyes and tell them humans are only 6000 years old and Adam and Eve were the first humans.

• Perry
    Perry

make the effort to be a better person.

That's the same 'ole Watchtower line, (run faster, try harder, jump higher) ...been there done that.

Oh I tried for 40 years to be the man that I imagined. At best, I experienced bits and pieces of the ideal. When situational and other people interactions are factored in, it became even more of a remote possibility. My ideas about how I myself should be and what I wanted to experience in this life just became more and more remote.

When I totally trusted in Jesus alone about 9 years ago, things started to change, steadily gaining momentum.. The change was in proportion to the amount of trust backed up by deeds of trust that I willed myself to believe and do. My active belief in Christ is what triggered the new reality. It is a completely different way of living. Even though I have experienced TREMENDOUS success in Christ, I still am uncomfortable fully trusting him and not myself. It is utterly counter-intuitive to my flesh, but my spirit, my real will, is always there.

"For all the promises of God in him [Jesus] are yea, and in him Amen,"

Jesus is the greatest gift imaginable, because everything good imaginable is "so be it" by him. He has wisdom and truly AWESOME power and authority to make anythng so.

"Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest", said Jesus.

It's true. The prince of peace carries rest in his left hand and might in his right hand. And now, I have access to both.

• designs
    designs

"He has wisdom and truly AWESOME power to make anything so". 18,000-20,000 children under 5 starve to death every single day, over 7 million every year.

Pray to Jesus to feed them. Let's all see tomorrow if Manna or some other miracle food appears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit