God Says Scripture is Enough

by Perry 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe that sin cannot exist. Sins are determined by the dominant culture. They change over periods of time. God declared his creation good. I believe Christ because he is the dominant God of my parent's tradition. Not YHWH but Christ. If I were born in China or India, however, I doubt I would have any faith in Christ. He is too bound to specific cultures.

Since I choose not to abandon Christ, He must include Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Moslems, etc within the reach of his saving embrace. There is nothiing more compelling in Christ than what exists in other religions. I am not a better person than people in these faiths. Evangelicals turn people away from Christ. You remind me of gorillas thumping their chests in the zoos. Jesus' love and acceptance of gay people must be manifest. If not, there are other gods to worship. The Bible is a very late work of human origin. Jesus had no Bible.

• designs
    designs

Perry- you should always qualify "The Bible" by saying NT. The Jewish Bible does not support the NT messiah.

Paul was a con artist and liar. The easiest way to remember that is to think of Fred Franz when you think of Paul the Apostle.

• Perry
    Perry

There is nothiing more compelling in Christ than what exists in other religions .

Here are two compelling reasons:

Freed From Works

All the religions you cite stress works. The JW's stress works. Jesus liberates a person from the tyranny of works. Having been liberated, I would never return to that bondage. Jesus stresses belief as the "work of God". Good things (fruits of Spirit) naturally flow from that rest, and are evidence of that belief.

"For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His." - Hebrews 4: 10

Freed From Condemnation:

"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already" - Jn 3:18

We are born into a condemned condition; having been severed from the family and righteousness of God, we inherited the sin, family, & condemnation of ADAM.

All will be judged; that is man's destiny after death. Hebrews 9:27 makes this clear; "it is appointed unto man once to die, and then judgment". This is the ultimate duty of God as lawgiver. The Good News is that not all will be condemned.

Further, the very one who offers to die in your place will be YOUR judge:

"Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” - Acts 10

And who can forget this plea: Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

In the end, God simply gives people what they request. If you want works, God will judge you by your works. If you believe God, you "WILL NOT be condemned."

• designs
    designs

Perry- you gullible fool, nothing Paul said has any basis in reality. No Adam and Eve, no Original sin, no devil.

You've tossed your hat into a ring that is fake.

• Perry
    Perry

designs, It feels so good to finally be at rest. Nothing you can say will change that. You should know that by now after all these years.

• designs
    designs

Believing in Tinkerbell helps some people I suppose.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

Good work Perry

The written word is a testimony of what Messiah did throughout the ages so we can have confidence that the work going on inside of those that seek him will be manifest as the darkness grows. That is the evidence of Christ alive in all who invite him into their life. The fact that many who once beleived in him at one time or other through a church does not change it just because they decided to leave that dogma. Christ in us is not the work of a church that can be seen. Many changed from believing becasue they did not know him at all, yes they read about him in the book that testifies of him, but the churches did not show you that he dwells within those that believe. At one time many on here would have been defending Christ now they reject him because of being deceived by a church.No one forced anyone to follow that church, but once having the truth of that church revelaed , they should have left the church and into Christ. SOme have done so and found the truth in Christ alone already within them. No need of anything else. The churchis to blame for this. Is Christ still within you those who once believed, i think so, his love and mercy endures forever and waits patiently for those who have been scattered to return to him and him alone

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Who tells themselves they're not going to do something anymore that they know is wrong and then turns around and does it anyhow as Perry claims we all do?

If I know something is wrong, I just DON'T DO IT and it's not difficult!

Is it really that evangelicals are just people without morals?

I hear this sentiment again and again and I just don't get it! Why is it so hard for evangelicals to do the right thing?

• designs
    designs

giveme- whatever line of powder you are snorting ease up kid.

The reasons people are giving up on Jesus and the NT are because of the lies.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

If you believe that the Bible is the true and inalterable word of God, than it should be enough. However, if you believe the Bible is a series of books based on legend and myth, developed over the course of centuries and whose contents was selected by a man who was a notable apostate of the early christian church in the second century then you might need some other reading material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit