God Says Scripture is Enough

by Perry 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Focus
    Focus

I can leap tall buildings in a single bound, tear a phone book in half with my bare hands and turn lead into gold. I wrote a book about all my talents.

If you want proof that what I'm saying is true ("unalterable facts" you might say), just read my book...it's all in there.

But, Shirley, are you running ahead of Jehovah with sufficient speed to get away from the Spiritual-Anal-Rapist, the Ancient of Days? Insufficient speed results in unpleasant and permanent dilation.

Somewhere in the backwaters of JWN/JWD is a thread where my old friend "Uncle Bruce" put a delightful photo of a running man, with a bizarrely blissful look on his face, captioned something like "Running Ahead of Jehovah". I have not been able to find it, alas.

__

Focus

("Superman" Class)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

But, Shirley, are you running ahead of Jehovah

I know, it's awesome that my skills allow me to outrun Jehovahâ„¢, right? For an explanation of how I can do this, please see my book.

P.S.- Jehovahâ„¢ has a slow chariot; I have shoes with wings on them. You do the math.

• Focus
    Focus

Jehovahâ„¢ has a slow chariot

- verily, consider how long it took her to weekend in the Pleaides....

.... and not even made of iron!

__

Focus

("Rebuker" Class)

• designs
    designs

Remember all the books Freddie Franz wrote, his trick was to include just enough facts to make the whole thesis sound plausible.

That's basically the NT.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

I think the first thing you need to do is stop reading Paul through Freddie Franz's eyes. You don't seem to be able to read the bible, even the the Jewish part (like Exodus) without Freddie Franz colored glasses. ANY Rabbi (and yes I spoken to many) will tell you that Jews believe in sin. It's clear to everyone here that Fred's not Dead in your Head, his ghost is still renting space there.

You'll be stuck in your rut of hatred until you get that chip off you shoulder.

Lord

If it be your will, please get Fred out of designs head.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Lord

If it be your will, please get Fred out of designs head.

Would Jesus not do that unless you prayed, even if it was his will? If he would without prayer, what's the point of praying? If it's not his will, then he won't anyway, so again, what's the point of praying? And, this specific prayer... you just prayed for Jesus to change someone into someone you like better. That's very off-putting.

• designs
    designs

DD- you are still mixing a Jewish view of 'sin' and Paul's Original ancestral inherited Sin doctrine in Romans, which involves his version of the Messiah. Seperate those two and then begin. :D

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

I didn't mix anything. I asked you about Exodus!

• designs
    designs

Consequences vs Paul's thesis on Original ancestral inheited Sin.

Paul's Messiah dies for Adam and the sin he passes on to the human race. The Jewish Messiah does not.

To Jesus and Paul Satan is the adversary of God. In Judaism Satan is the agent of God- Yetzer tob, Yetzer Ha-ra.

Individual responsibility is a hallmark of Judaism. Charis (the Grace doctrine)is the opposite of that.

Adam redeems himself in Judaism, he is pictured sitting at the gates of Eden greeting 'all' of his children home.

Jesus and Paul's Christianity loses the majority of the human race to eternal damnation.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Viv

Me and designs are old buds we go way back, he knows I love him like a brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit