This weeks Bible highlights. What did you think?

by KateWild 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KateWild
    KateWild

Leviticcus 14 -16

Well I thought most of it was not appllicable for our day and certainly some parts are not appropriate for children. Chapter 14 is about cleansing from leprosy. I didn't read the verses, I 've read Leviticus before. It's badly written, repetative and boring. I just looked at the front page of the chapter to get an overview. It soooooooooooooooooo bbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

Chapter 15, is explicit and not for appropriate for family disscussion.

(2013 REVISION)

Leviticus 15:1-33

15 Jehovah continued to speak to Moses and Aaron, saying: 2 “Speak to the Israelites and tell them, ‘If a man has a discharge from his genital organ,* this discharge makes him unclean.+ 3 He is unclean from the discharge, whether the discharge continues to flow from his genitals or is obstructed, he is still unclean.4 “‘Any bed that the one with the discharge lies on will be unclean, and anything he sits on will be unclean. 5 A man who touches his bed must wash his garments, and he should bathe in water and be unclean until the evening.+ 6 Anyone who sits on an article that the one having a discharge sat on should wash his garments, bathe in water, and be unclean until the evening. 7 Whoever touches the flesh of the one having a discharge should wash his garments, bathe in water, and be unclean until the evening. 8 If the one who has a discharge spits on someone clean, that person must wash his garments, bathe in water, and be unclean until the evening. 9 Any saddle that the one with the discharge rides on will be unclean.

Yes we should all was after sex, but really this direction is excessive and rather OCD, and certainly not suitable for children. There is no school tonight so I seriously doubt anyone will comment on it and there is no biblr reading, so a child won't be assigned this to read. Chapter 16 is about day of atonement, also boring and I didn't read it, but my km looks like I spent a long time on it but I only scibbled on it quickly whilst listening to music

It will be interresting to see what JWs answer up, I bet it's all boring nonsense. Anyway I shall be texting Laika through the meeting via text, we are arranging a few meetups. I will be being spied on by the elders. I am looking forward to sitting next to my JC chairman, who is also the CoBE and controlling stubborn so and so. His wife will be so jelous, so I will have some fun with that. I will giggle with him, and touch his arm a couple of times. Just to show no hard feelings. Hehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His wife will think I am flirting.

What did you think of the highlights?

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi Kate.

Go to sermonaudio.com and search for the scripture and you'll hear church pastors give their views. I used to do this then compare the WBT$ skewed and self serving money making view.

You're bored of Leviticus try Chronicles ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

It just proves how incredibly STUPID Jehovah is. OCD asshole who invents shit for absolutely NOTHING.

How ANYONE cannot see that this deity is the invention of ignorant and superstitious idiots is amazing to me.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

This particular 'unclean' reference is less to do with the usual emission and more concerned with what we'd label an STI.

But don't worry, the chapter of course goes on to detail uncleanliness levels for run-of-the-mill semen. Thankfully turtledove sacrifice wasn't required for that one, species would have gone extinct pretty damn quick

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I just bypassed it!

Welcome back, and hope your life goes from strength to strength!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

hang on...didnt "god" create these 'normal bodily functions'?

AND Then he goes and punishes anyone for these same functions??

?????

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, so the standard witness bible highlights would go along the lines of this:

" this week we read of some seemingly unusual things etc....

What can we learn from this today? Well, we appreciate how god through his loving organization here on earth today, under the leadings of the Governing Body, always provide specific directions and guidliness on all aspects of life.

Will we listen to all that they direct, even if it seems strange or unusual, or will we ignore their loving counsel and directions?

This account of the ancient isrealites shows that god always has our best interests at heart, and will always provide any needed directions ofr our benefit.

The question is brothers and sisters, will we obediantly listen and obey these leadings and guidelines?"

EXIT STAGE LEFT....

• cantleave
    cantleave

Is this where houses can get leprosy - WTF???? Houses with leprosy - It show how God knows Sweet FA about disease.

• designs
    designs

Classic Knorr kind of lesson. He seemed to have this germ/sex phobic problem.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My house got the measles once. I prayed, slaughtered 4 turtle doves, smeared their blood all over the house and the measles went away. I'm sure glad the bible had the cure for house measles.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit