Local Kingdom Hall Speakers To Be Replaced By Governing Body Video Feeds.

by donuthole 36 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

So we've seen as the current GB is getting more facetime in an effort to reach the hearts and minds of the rank and file. This took a leap with video feeds at an open annual meeting. The International Conventions are taking this a step farther.

Do you think that local speakers at Kingdom Halls could ever be replaced by headquarter approved video feeds?

It would be a big boost for "unity", get the GB and other Bethel stars out there more, and keep local leadership from going off script.

Yay or nay? Let's discuss.

• sir82
    sir82

I can see that happening at circuit assemblies & regional conventions, but I don't think it would be a regular occurence at Kingdom Halls.

• prologos
    prologos

many elders will not be pleased, if their facial expressions when there are visiting speakers, is any indication.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It wouldn't be surprising if they started doing this. There's been a huge push to get KHs equiped with projectors and screens, and it seems like a waste if they're only going to use it once a year for the annual meeting.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I doubt it at this level. However, there have been some experiments done with having assemblies broadcast to KHs. This may be something we see in the future.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think way too many Elders love basking in the limelight as Public Speakers, esp at assemblies and conventions as these assignments really give you some clout above the other run-o-the-mill Public Speakers. The other assignments are boring and frankly a lot of work -- TMS, Cong Sect, etc. Public Talks give you the opportunity to become well known in the Circuit and beyond if you are really good at it. Then you find that you are "in demand".

I see the big screens used at Special Events and Schools (Pioneer/Elder/MTS?etc).

JMO

Doc

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I thought the same for some time now. Eventually this will happen. The technology has allowed the cost to be quite affordable.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I don't think local elders will be replaced per se. But it makes PERFECT sense to broadcast VIP Bethel speakers so peeps can feel all giggly with the privilege.

Also standardizing and broadcasting certains talks makes sense also so everybody is getting the SAME exact message. I believe it will be really useful as the elder pool continues to dry up.

From a corporate/business standpoint, it makes perfect sense to utilize this resource.

• 88JM
    88JM

If the economics of it were viable, I could see it happening at some point.

Most Kingdom Halls already have a telephone/internet link anyway so people can listen from home - decades ago that was probably thought of as unlikely too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dagney - "I believe it will be really useful as the elder pool continues to dry up."

That's a good catch; I'd forgotten all about that particular factor.

Even money says the blueprints for the Warwick complex has a state-of-the-art broadcast studio in one of the buildings (Anthony Morris III could host The 144,000 Club ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit