Local Kingdom Hall Speakers To Be Replaced By Governing Body Video Feeds.

by donuthole 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

That would be so 1984 Big Brotherish - but they may just be going back to their roots - I understand that in Rutherford's day before the sales force were properly trained, door to door preaching involved playing gramaphone recordings of Rutherford's rambings.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BU2B - "I hope so too. The more JWs can see the rantings of the GB about tight pants, shuning, baptizing pre-pubecent kids, and the overall cultishness of them all it will help more to see the men they follow are just that. Maybe then people will ask themselves: 'these are the men Christ selected? They dont seem very humble/loving etc..'"

Yet another subtle (or perhaps not-so-subtle) way of "encouraging" the "spiritually weak" to head for the doors, maybe?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I understand that in Rutherford's day before the sales force were properly trained, door to door preaching involved playing gramaphone recordings of Rutherford's rambings.

Yep, and now they're told to go d2d and show people a crappy video on why they should have a bible study. And at the convention, they insisted that this wasn't going back to the phonagraph days, just with updated technology. It's progress! Don't you see! We're not going back to old ways, we're making progress!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

The feed from WT would not necessarily have to be live, but could be pre-recorded service meeting parts, talks, announcements, etc. There would be a way to "select" a certain talk as per the KM such as :

"eTMS_14_Oct_01_special needs"

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Familiarity breeds contempt....so go for it GB/F&DS

• Decided
    Decided

UNB. I remember those days when we used wind up phonographs to play to householders. They were like a briefcase and the top would open and you wind up the spring with a handle on the side. The record was the old kind of some sort of stuff that would break if you droped it. There was no electronic speaker. The needle would activate the little speaker it was atached to. Those were the days back in the early 40's or late 30's.

Ken P.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They will do WHATEVER IS NECCESSARY to survive.... The End.

I would love to see Boozerford and Fred Franz digitally brought back to life, just like Max Hedrom. That would kick ass.

DD

• LivingWithNLephantInRoom
    LivingWithNLephantInRoom

Hello everyone,

I am a fader with a devote wife who will never leave and we manage to keep “the elephant in the room” (i.e. TTATT) in its place quietly sitting there. I am a regular daily lurker, but I used to post a lot but haven’t for a few years, not due to a lack of interest, but because of a busy work schedule and, quite frankly, I rarely have much to add to the excellent posts I tend to read on JWN. All that has changed with this thread, as I want to share the following.

At the risk of revealing myself, I work in management at one of the top nationwide telecommunications service providers specializing in high speed broadband. My company is just giddy after being approached by WT seeking to connect most of its Kingdom Halls nationwide. This is a huge contract that is going to keep my company busy for many years (and make us a lot of $$).

So the speculations found in this tread I believe are true.

BTW: It’s good to be back.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hell yeah, it's not if it's when!- GBTV here we come.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Donuthole was right. There will be monthly GB talks played into every Kingdom Hall via a projecter, live or recorded off the internet.

Remember the good old days when once every 6 months the public talk would be a slide presentation, with the curtains pulled and lights out. I used to really enjoy those as a kid.

Now it will be regular GB and video talks/presentations/virtual tours beamed into a kingdom hall near you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit