"It's not religious..." Wait... What???

by dynamiterose77 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

So... she says, "It's not religious... It's from God."

She is an idiot .....an uneducated idiot ...thats the type of response from a person who rejects higher education .

smiddy

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

JK - I know people who still say "we're not here to convert you" at the door. When I was in, that always "stumbled" me.

This is the first time I've heard of someone claiming that the leaflets aren't religious, though. This sort of thing always reminds me of Steve Hassan's tale of being recruited into the moonies, where some students told him it wasn't a religious movement, just a bunch of students getting together to talk about government or whatever. I wait for the day when they explicitly tell the R/F to deny that it's religious...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"It's not religious... It's from God."

Does this mean god is an atheist?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Its not religious just like they are not creationist.

By definition, they are creationists, yet refuse the title.

Ironically, under JF Rutherford, the JWs also denied being a religion. They are so intelectually dishonest it is appaling.

• BU2B
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Ironically, under JF Rutherford, the JWs also denied being a religion.

Until that stance resulted in Jehovah's Witnesses not being able to hide under minister/clergy exemptions to get them out of military service...then suddenly JFR switched and said JWs were a religion. Like you said, BU2B, intellectually dishonest for sure.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Today, he's messaging me and he tells me that she was trying to push a brochure or something on him. He said he'd really rather not read a religious pamphlet.

Mike needs to tell this woman that he is an atheist. Or a Satanist. Or an apostate. This will probably stop the hounding.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A.proclaimer - "The lady just said 'it isn't religious' to get the guy to take it. I think it's cause they assume people get turned off by religious things, this is an 'exception'."

JW version of "stealth evangelism".

It ain't even that subtle; the guy'd have to be an idiot not to see it for what it was.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "Does this mean god is an atheist?"

I wouldn't blame Him.

I have trouble believing in myself, sometimes.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This comes from the people who have been told a generation is really TWO generations overlapping so, hell, sure, a pamphlet about god isn't religious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit