"It's not religious..." Wait... What???

by dynamiterose77 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

My friend, Mike works as a massage therapist, and there is a woman at the shop that is super-JW-woman and is constantly hounding him with things.

Today, he's messaging me and he tells me that she was trying to push a brochure or something on him. He said he'd really rather not read a religious pamphlet.

So... she says, "It's not religious... It's from God."

Isn't that kinda what religious means? Is this a new thing? some way of getting people to read material by saying it isn't religious?

I'm so confused...

Anyway, he told her he was highly uncomfortable with her pushing it on him and she finally went away... at least until next time.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The religion is God to JW's.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Maybe have him print up a few cards that read "jwfacts.com" on them.

Next time she asks him to read it, he can offer her a trade of literature.

That ought to shut her up.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

The lady just said "it isn't religious" to get the guy to take it. I think it's cause they assume people get turned off by religious things, this is an "exception".

• Divergent
    Divergent

Some pubs in my cong used to tell the householder: "We are not here to change your religion". Which was absolute bull**** as we were indeed there to change their religion! Anyway, it was brought to their attention and this phrase is no longer used

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Spiritual warfare as described by the WTS/JWS is lying or telling half truths to preach the supposed

word from the Watchtower Corporation..

No No No !!! we don't don't have ordinary religion we have the Truth from god himself and from his earthly chosen ones

the Governing Body of the Watchtower Corporation.

JWS if you haven't realized it are quite brainwashed to think the way the Watchtower Corporation wants them to think.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Just tell them:

We believe in a paradise n earth... better then your house.... come join us...simple...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh the lies they'll tell to try to move some litteratrash.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"No, no, we're not here to convert you. You can only convert yourself. [Smile]" That was one line we had.

After the donation arrangement came in, and we came across 'No salespersons or canvassers' signs:

Householder: "What are you selling?"

Me: "We're not selling anything. We've come to talk to you about the Bible's hope for the future."

Often that made the householder relax a little.

Then one day a man answered with: "Yes you are trying to sell me something."

Me: [Laughing] "No we're not, we're only here to t... ."

Man, cutting me off: "You are trying to sell me a religion."

Me: *ding* "Um, well, um ... " Damn. He's right.

And there's the one where we'd try to reassure challenging householders that we were very interested in truth and if the truth could be found elsewhere, we would follow it (then we proceeded to reject any home-truths the householder tried to give us).

The thing is, we really believed what we were saying. I wasn't lying when I said those things. Deluding myself (and consequently the householder), yes!

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

JWs have always been anti-terminology. This is the easyest way of demagogy and errand rethoric.

Cults are bad - but we are not a cult

I'm dissapointed in churches - but we are not a church

Your doctrines are flawed - we do not call them doctrines at all

Shunning is a brutal practice - we don't even use the term

And so on.

Works on those with IQ less than 33. And as we all know, the JW.orgy is not bothering about the other kind any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit