Your thoughts on demons, ghosts and spirits

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Pure bunk. There are things that happen that are strange, odd or seemingly unexplainable. If you believe in demons, then you think these things are evidence, when the reality is there is probably a rational explanation for all of it. It's 10% unusual event, 90% imagination.

Supposedly buying things from garage sales is an open invitation for the demons to attack, but I have been buying things from garage sales for forty years and I have not had one demon attack. I am either the luckiest woman on earth or they just don't exist.

I am not lucky.

• designs
    designs

Lisa- My wife's with you, garage sales and estate sales are part of her religion.

• Focus
    Focus

In the world of the conspiracy-theorist as well as of the demon-searcher, everything they notice that's even slightly odd reinforces their incorrect belief.

For them, coincidences and unusual events simply don't happen.

A Chi-Squared test on observation fields associated with so called psychic phenomena show that the probability of peculiar things being observed - but with perfectly natural explanations - is in fact very high. Simply chance accounts for this.

It would be really peculiar if they did NOT happen, actually.

I can't prove there aren't spooks. But the burden of proof doesn't fall upon me.

__

Focus

("Casper" Class)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Satan never gave me the ability to play like Jimmy Page despite offering him my eternal soul.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I think aliens are far more likely to exist. However, I will only believe either exist when I see it for myself… in the flesh…not on video.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

you're

• DJS
    DJS

I'm embarrassed that we are still talking about believing in them in 2014. Otherwise, I think that ghosties, ghoulies, long-legged beasties and things that go bump in the night, in addition to Jah, Satan, Jesus Messiah, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Great Pumpkin are all BS made-up nonsense. Wait a minute, I do believe in the Great Pumpkin (all hail Charlie Brown). I do I do I do.

If any of the above present themselves plainly, in clear sight of all of us and communicating so that we can all understand, and allow enough time for scientists to confirm that they are indeed who they claim to be, I will change my mind.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My brother and sister and sister in law all claim they saw strange stuff in my old house. Claimed there were spirits. I never saw ANYTHING in the 22 years that I lived in that house. I think if you want to see, you will see. Doesn't help their credibility that they saw a lot of stuff during the phase of their life they were doing LSD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit