Your thoughts on demons, ghosts and spirits

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Funny how there have never been any 'ghosts' or 'demons' captured on video so the world can see them on youtube.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I believe nothing I hear and half of what I see....

Never seen any evidence for demons, ghosts and spirits so it would be delusional for me to believe in them.

• Mikado
    Mikado

yes, there probably was some guy that Jesus was based on. I'm a history buff, and I like roman history. around that time there were a bucketload of nuts claiming to be the messiah. People who believe themselves oppressed always have leaders appearing and disappearing.

I think that all historical fairy tale people such as robin hood, Jesus, Mohammed, Arthur, all have some basis in a real person, BUT, and this is the big one, some dude saying, treat other people nicely, etc etc, is not that novel in the history of our species. Nor is that a basis for claiming divinity.

the only truth In the accounts of supernatural activity is the desperate need of our species to find meaning in an otherwise meaningless life, and the incredible evil of those who debilberatly exploit others grief and pain.

The one strength science does have is that it constantly tests itself and says , we just don't know... but it provides a much better option than attempting to use a fairy tale figure to explain the otherwise unexplainable.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jdubs believe in demons and wicked spirits BUT are not (openly) allowed to watch movies about them. This makes sense how? Does watching the movie make them more "real"?

• villagegirl
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Personally, I've never seen or sensed anything supernatural floating around.

My grandmother was in California when my grandfather died in Florida. I rode the bus out to California to ride home to Florida with her in her car.

When she met me at the bus station she asked me a lot of questions about the day he died, if he spoke to us before he went, etc. I said, he was totally unconscious for several days before he died; he didn't say anything.

She then told me that one night she awoke in the middle of the night and he was sitting on the end of her bed. She said, "What are YOU doing HERE???"

He said, "I came to tell you goodbye."

The next day we called to tell her he was gone.

So that's my only ghost story. ----Marina

• Mikado
    Mikado

I also think that your mind can play incredible tricks on you when you are in grief. I had to put my much loved cat to sleep, which was so hard, and I woke up several times absolutely seeing him on my bed, in his usual spot. He was definately there, as large as life..

But I was able to accept that was simply my mind dealing with grief and guilt....so hard.....I can't imagine how hard it must be to loose your child.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

we had some problems many years ago for several months

• Comatose
    Comatose

No I don't... My parents have a demon story and its been embellished a lot. I do not believe. Ever notice Jesus never healed a mentally retarded patient, or a crazy patient, or a delusional patient? He did expel demons... Go figure.

• Splash
    Splash

Focus: Splash - don't be bashful, share with us your belief or delusion. More "genuine" UFOs are upper-atmosphere weather balloons than anything else. What was your demon?

For general merriment and derision, I posted about it a while back

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/268219/2/Did-you-ever-have-a-supernatural-experience

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit