jw.org getting out of hand

by Gorbatchov 38 Replies latest jw friends

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

They still don't decided which line the dot stays...

I see a theocratical split in this: the JW dotters and the Dot orggers.

Which side you will choose? LOL

• jgnat
    jgnat

It only takes a few clicks for an adept web user to figure out this is a high control group. No free discussion, no interaction, just a static form that demands all the information from the requester!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I wonder how much the WTS paid to outside consultants for this rebranding?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Gorbatchov: Something is going on, isn't it?

I've been thiinking that lately. It's weird. I never would have believed that the org I knew in the 80's & early 90's would have turned into what it is now, and I think a lot more is to come. It's interesting to watch it unfold.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They've consulted someone outside the b0rg.

Of course being freakishly controlling, it handcuffs what can be done. Drilling the jw.org theme into the skulls of the rank and file over and over and over again is their way to try to control where they go on the internet. Of course they are dressing it up like the troops have this big part to play in sharing the website in their facebook and instagram profiles.

But it is working, for now. They were getting absolutely smacked around on the internet for the first two decades of its existence. They had no plan to control the information, and anyone with a half-dozen or so functioning brain cells got online and then got out of the religion.

They are reactionary, and always will be. Who knows what the next wave will be, but it will lead plenty more out before the WT realizes it and reacts to the problem.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I guarantee they have consulted someone outside the organization......a firm specializing in PR, Marketing, etc.

They are 'rebranding' themselves..........make no mistake.

• Divergent
    Divergent

They have to rebrand as many people have a negative connotation towards the title "Jehovah's Witnesses" =P

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What is different about JW.ORG pendants, logos, etc and the use of a crucifix or cross by other Christians?

They are both using "idols".....

• cofty
    cofty

It's only a matter of time before UADNA obtains a Watters-Type of defector or mole... - Focus

Ah the Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America are still scheming.

Is the day you will bring down the Watchtower is "just around the corner".

• TG-Jasper
    TG-Jasper

Apparently in my mother's congregation:

Almost all of the brothers take an ipad onto the platform when they do a talk (for their notes and what ever publications they need, and sometimes even don't take a bible).

Most of the congregations sits with their ipad on their laps instead of the WT or whatever other publications.

Some of them even take it out witnessing to show people the jw.org site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit