The INTJ Personality Type, (and those close to it)

by done4good 43 Replies latest jw friends

• warehouse
    warehouse

OneEyedJoe wrote:

It sounds like your experience vouches for the accurracy of the online tests.

I would say that it certainly vouches for the ability of the introverted-NT to know himself, and thus see himself and be himself in an online test, which is a facet that I hold to dearly.

"But there is another saying not of late understood, by which they might learn truly to read one another, if they would take the pains; that is, nosce teipsum, ‘read thyself’: which was not meant, as it is now used, to countenance, either the barbarous state of men in power towards their inferiors, or to encourage men of low degree to a saucy behaviour towards their betters; but to teach us that for the similitude of the thoughts and passions of one man to the thoughts and passions of another, whosoever looketh into himself and considereth what he doth, when he does ‘think,’ ‘opine,’ ‘reason,’ ‘hope,’ ‘fear,’ etc., and upon what grounds; he shall thereby read and know what are the thoughts and passions of all other men upon the like occasions."

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

You -know- less INTJs because they're probably the least likely to talk to other people the most, as they've already judged it a waste of time :)

With forums, they can pick and choose what they feel like responding to while ignoring every single other thing, with no real repercussions.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've taken a few online tests and fall anywhere in the range of INTJ - INTP - INFP. A lot of people are presumably borderline between types, so you shouldn't just take a single type result as the word of God.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Wow, my sister, an INTJ, loves this test and has everyone she can pin down take it including me as an INTP. I have found it interesting how many ESFJ's and other E--J's there are in the Borg. When a person takes a look at the common traits of their personality type on a place like on Pinterest it can be scary how much they are reflected in that person's own life.

• done4good
    done4good

Very good comments all.

• done4good
    done4good

From what I understand of MBTI, your type does not change. As some have said, mood and other factors could affect the results though. One's ability to be 100% honest in answering also plays a significant role.

I would imagine it would be very difficult for a JW to actually take this test and be 100% honest with themselves. The same would likely hold true for someone who recently exited. I think if I were to have taken any MBTI test either while in or even after 2 or 3 years out, I likely would have been an ISTJ. My natural ability to use abstraction has always been part of who I am, but the practical part of my personality was just too dominant from all of the "practical" conditioning from the org. I likely would have provided conditioned answers. No more.

It took me several years being out to fully realize that potential.

d4g

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've taken the actual test for a job interview and was denied the job due to the expectation that I would not want to interact with others. lol.

I have a strong E undercurrent and I interact with others all day now. As long as they don't hug me or tell me really sad, graphic stuff, I do fine. I just need to have some solitary time in my week to center myself.

Anyway, I've taken the online short test numerous times and got INTJ all but once.

Meyers-Briggs is one of the only psychological tests I actually believe in.

@rebel8 I learned about MBTI through an old post from you.

Spreading the gospel, one post at a time. (I will count this as 1 RV this month.)

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Mine was ISTJ. But the thing with me is I have two personalities. I'm a different person in all aspects at work then outside of that environment. At my job I'm a manager and interact with people all day (1000's of people). On the surface I seem socialable but outside of work I don't socialize and perfer people to leave me alone. So not sure how accurate these online test are.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

INTJ here, fits my personality almost perfectly.

• Badfish
    Badfish

Ever since taking the test for the first time in college 8 years ago, I've always tested as an INTP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit