The INTJ Personality Type, (and those close to it)

by done4good 43 Replies latest jw friends

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

You can't change your type.

But you can fake for short periods of time. It demands lots of mental energy, it literally gives you headaches.

Type is a complex mix between nature and nurture (before 5 or 6 yo).

You can't reset your early childhood and your genome, YET.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I agree it does seem there is a disproportionate number of INTJs among active members here. I of course would like stats on that. ;)

Dubbery is highly incompatible with INTJs, so it would stand to reason that many are ex-jws. Also, INTJs are drawn to asynchronous methods of communication, like Internet forums. They like analysis and imagining different scenarios--viola, JWN.

I believe most successful JWs are ExxJs. They do not allow for boundaries or deep thought. Introspection is highly discouraged--it was when I was in--you were supposed to be studying a publication, praying or meditating on what you learned, so as not to let Satan in. Do you know how hard that is for an INTJ? Introspecting is like breathing for me.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

@rebel8 I learned about MBTI through an old post from you.

• Island Man
    Island Man

" Dubbery is highly incompatible with INTJs, so it would stand to reason that many are ex-jws."

"Dubbery"? LOL. I like that!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I think the test is a joke. Categorizing people into types may serve Jungian purposes. I recall taking two courses on psychoanalysis in the late 1960s. We ended by being told that few therapists were using the theories. The text suggested that psychoananalytic terms were still relevant in critiquing art and literature. So many people skip through different types. Also, when I took it the answers were obvious. Did I really think a certain way or did I realize that social status was connected with certain answers. I've taken other psychological tests where I had no clue what a particular answer might revolve

Nevertheless, the test seems to spark communication and analysis between people. Has anyone taken the actual test? Most people take faux tests in books or online. I wonder if the actual test is somehow different. We were told that the test is very expensive. No one gave a price range, though.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Yeah online tests are jokes. But the theory is amazing.

• Razziel
    Razziel

I took the official pencil and paper test during some company training. I still have it and the manual that goes with it. 88 questions divided into 3 parts.

The last question was "Would you have liked to argue the meaning of"

A. A lot of these questions, or

B. only a few?

There are no right or wrong or expected answers.

• warehouse
    warehouse

Band on the Run wrote:

Has anyone taken the actual test? Most people take faux tests in books or online. I wonder if the actual test is somehow different. We were told that the test is very expensive. No one gave a price range, though.

I have taken the actual test, at my job about 12yrs ago. I was 19, and came back INTJ. Since then I've never taken the real test, only online tests, everyone of those coming back INTJ everytime. I think this is what led me to be so skeptical of eveyone being INTJ, because the little online tests sometimes remind me of the "what comic book character are you" tests.

Anyway, the link below takes you to the official MBTI website FAQ page, which tells you how you can take the official test.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/frequently-asked-questions/ways-to-take-the-mbti/

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Warehouse -

It sounds like your experience vouches for the accurracy of the online tests. I (similarly) took the real as a part of a work thing and came back INTJ (and the I and T were both like 99%). All the online tests I've taken have given me very similar results, the only pattern I've noticed is that the ones with more questions tend to be closer to the official test's results.

For what it's worth, I've never actually met anyone who's taken an online or otherwise abbreviated MB test and come out an INTJ. The only INTJs I run across are always on forums, where they seem to be unusually common.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

INTJ here. Adding my name to the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit